I'm going to take care of you, okay?

A/N: this is a One Shot on from the reader's POV, so the reader doesn't have an actual name, it's just Y/N :)

Feeling restless, you were walking through your apartment. Your boyfriend Spencer was out on a case here in town and you hadn't heard from him since more than a day. You knew that the team mostly remained at a police station or in the hotel when they were working on a case, even when they were in town. But it was unusual for Spencer not to get in touch with you, because he always texted or called every few hours. Even if it's just a short text, but you heard of him.

You were thinking about calling him after he hadn't reacted to your texts, but you resisted that urge. You didn't want to bother him while he was working on a case. So, you kept walking from the living room to the kitchen, into the corridor and then the bed room before you walked back to where you had started. It was late already, but you weren't tired at all.

When your phone suddenly rang, you winced. With the hope that it was Spencer who finally called, you accepted the call. "Spencer?"

"No. No, it's me, Derek", Spencer's best friend and colleague said. "Derek? Is...is everything alright?" Why would Derek call you while they were on a case? Your heart suddenly started to beat much faster. "Y/N, listen...", Derek started. His voice sounded tired and worried and you immediately knew that something was wrong.

"Spencer got shot."

"What? Tell...tell me he's alright." You had to sit down now, your heart almost breaking through your chest. You felt your knees get weak and the world around you started spinning.

"No, no, no! Y/N, calm down. He was brought in a hospital. Hotch and I are here too."

"Which hospital?"

Derek told you the name of it and you jumped from the chair you had been sitting on almost immediately. You needed to get there, no matter what. While you forced Derek to promise you that he wouldn't leave and let Spencer alone, you put some pants and a sweater on and ran down the stairs.

All worried, you drove to the hospital as fast as you could – not giving a fuck about traffic regulations. You ran through the huge door and only stopped as a nurse held you back. "Lady, can I help you?", she asked. You took some deep breaths and nodded. "Yeah, I...I'm looking for Mister Spencer Reid. He should be here, he got shot."

"Y/N!" Before the nurse could answer you, Derek had seen you and came over. "How is he doing? Is he alright?" You grabbed Derek's shirt and your fingers clawed into the fabric. Derek grabbed your hands. "He'll make it. You can see him now if you want." Derek slightly smiled as you let out a deep sigh of relief.

"Of course!" You followed the agent to a room, in which your boyfriend was lying, still unconscious. You grabbed a chair and pulled it closer to the bed. As you sat down, you put your hands on one of Spencer's. It felt a bit cold. You swallowed to hold back any tears. Spencer had gotten shot into the knee – that was all. But it was horrible for you to see him lying here. "Will he wake up soon?" You looked up at Derek and Hotch; they both were standing on the other side of Spencer's bed. "I'm sure he'll wake up soon. Just give him a bit of time", Hotch answered. "I'll have go to and call Rossi." He left and so did Derek after some minutes.

You remained sitting on Spencer's bed for another hour before a quiet groan left Spencer's mouth. Your head shot up. "Spence!", you said. "Hey", he whispered and tried to smile. But he failed badly. "Are you in pain?", you asked.

"A bit", Spencer confessed. You gently stroked some hair out of his face. "Should I call a doctor or a nurse?" He shook his head. "No. Just stay here." For a moment, both of you remained quiet. But then Spencer turned his face to you. "I...might need some help the next weeks. My knee will stop me from doing some things", he said frowning. His voice still sounded raspy. You smiled, leaned in and gently kissed his lips. "I'm going to take care of you, okay?"

"Okay."