Winter weekend

A/N: That's a little One Shot I wrote in December and although summer is coming now...I hope you enjoy that one :) 

„Spence, not so fast!" Danielle screamed while they both rushed down the white, snowy hill, sitting on a sled. It was the beginning of January and the weekend – a weekend they had finally had off after weeks of getting pushed from one case to another. Since it was snowy everywhere in the state, Spencer and Danielle had decided to spend the weekend in the mountains. Just the two of them, a cottage and some fun in the snow. They haven't had much time for each other the last two months, only during Christmas. So now they enjoyed each other's company even more.

With both of them laughing, the sled stopped at the foot of the little mountain. Danielle let herself fall into the powder snow and tried to calm herself down again, but the laughter wouldn't stop. Suddenly Spencer's face appeared over her. His nose was red from the cold, his brown eyes were sparkling and a huge smile was on his face. "That was fun!" He giggled and she nodded. Spencer got up and wanted to lift her up as well. But she shook her head and started to move her arms up and down and her legs from left to right. Spencer laughed. "What are you doing, honey?"

"I'm making a snow angel, can't you see?" Danielle said and continued her moves until she thought that the shape of an angel would be visible now. She got up and grabbed Spencer's hand, which he had reached out for her. "That's a beautiful snow angel." He smiled while wrapping his arms around her. "Thank you." She put her head back to place a kiss on Spencer's cold lips. As soon as their lips parted again, she grabbed a handful of snow and threw it on Spencer. He gasped in surprise, which made Danielle laugh out loud. But he took her by surprise as well when he returned that gesture and threw some snow right in her face. "Aaah! That was mean!" She tried to get rid of that white, cold mass while Spencer was already forming another snowball, laughing and giggling uncontrollably. It felt so good to see her boyfriend like that. She knew he have had hard times to go through but since they were a couple she could see how happy he was getting with every day that passed and whenever he laughed or just smiled, it warmed Danielle's heart.

Their snowball fight went on for some more minutes before they both let themselves sink into the snow once more, still laughing. Danielle leaned her head against Spencer's shoulder and took a deep breath of the cold air. "It's late afternoon already, maybe we should go back to our cottage." He now suggested and she nodded. It was getting even colder, they both could feel it, and they had been on their feet since this morning. It had been a quite exhausting, yet really fun day but now Danielle loved to spend the rest of it in a warm living room in front of a chimney.

~

After taking a shower Danielle snuggled into a big sweater and sat on the couch, which was standing right in front of the chimney, Spencer had just inflamed while she had been showering. The room was plunged in dimly light and it was comfortable warm. "Oh, wow." Danielle quietly said as she stepped towards her boyfriend. He pulled her into a long hug and she closed her eyes, just enjoying being with him and feeling his warm body against hers. A little sigh escaped his mouth. "What do you think about having hot chocolate with marshmallows?" He asked, now looking at Danielle. "We have marshmallows?" She almost squeaked; her eyes widened. Spencer laughed once more, grabbing her hand and dragged her to the kitchen. While he was preparing the hot chocolate, she searched for the little, white sweet marshmallows and put some on top of the delicious looking, brown liquid. It smelled amazing.

They both went back to the living room and let themselves sink onto the couch. Snuggled up into each other they enjoyed the hot drink while looking into the crackling fire. Danielle sighed and leaned her head on Spencer's shoulder. "It's so peaceful. Why can't all our days be like that?" She could feel her head moving when Spencer quietly laughed. "Are you sure you'd want that? You'd get bored after a few weeks, I'm sure."

"Well, you might be right." She admitted, now putting her huge cup on the coffee table. "But I could totally live with spending all our weekends like this." She sighed and cuddled even closer into Spencer's arms. He wrapped them around her and put a kiss on her forehead. "Yeah, I wouldn't mind that too." They just sat there in silence for some minutes and enjoyed the ease they had missed the last weeks.

Eventually Spencer started to kiss Danielle and she let him lay her down on the couch. She lost herself in the game their mouths and tongues got into, before Spencer let go of her and got up. "What...what are you doing?" She couldn't hide her confusion, what made him smirk. "Just wait a second." He grabbed some pillows from the couch and put them on the thick, soft carpet on the floor while she was watching him. "What's that about to be when you're finished?" She wanted to know and he looked up to her. "I thought the couch's not big enough." A huge grin had appeared on his face and she couldn't help but laugh. "Spencer Reid, you naughty boy!" She screamed as he put his hands around her waist and laid her down on the carpet. "Shut up." He smiled before his lips found hers again.

They had sex on the soft carpet in front of the chimney, where the fire was still burning and Danielle thought there couldn't be something more romantic. She loved this man with all her heart and it made her incredibly happy to know that she was the one for him – Spencer had told her that enough times to finally believe him.

They were lying there on the carpet, engulfed in each other, holding each other tight. As Danielle suddenly started to shiver, Spencer placed a kiss on her naked shoulder and grabbed the blanket from the couch and spread it over them both. Once again he wrapped his arms around her body, gently kissing her lips. "I love you." He whispered and she felt the butterflies in her stomach going crazy. "I love you too." She stroked his cheek and then snuggled even closer.

In the end Danielle couldn't tell anymore how long they both were lying there on the floor, just holding each other and listen to their heartbeats, before she felt herself drifting off into the land of dreams.

When she woke up again, the fire in the chimney had gone out and it got cold in the living room. She pressed herself closer to Spencer, putting an arm over his stomach and leaning her head on his bare chest. He murmured something before he slowly woke up. "Wow...it's cold." His voice sounded groggy and rough. "Mhm." She mumbled, her eyes closed again. She was still tired although it must have been 8 in the morning already – she could see that it was bright outside. But she didn't care. There was no need to get up; especially when it was this cold. She grabbed the blanket and pulled it up over her chin.

"We should get up or move to the bedroom." She heard Spencer say and immediately shook her head. "No, it's too cold to move." He laughed and stroked her arm. "Okay...so, what are we gonna do now?"

"Let's just lay here a little longer." She sighed and put a kiss on his neck and then rubbed her nose gently on his skin. "I'm not cold as long as you hold me tight." Without saying anything, Spencer closed his eyes again, holding her in his arms. Both of them wished that this wonderful weekend would never come to an end.