Half A Heart (Part 2)

"Megan?" She could hear Spencer's voice. She pressed her lips together and swallowed hard. The sound of his voice almost brought tears to her eyes. How much she missed it! But then Megan took a deep breath and finally answered.

"Hi, Spencer." Megan's voice was nothing more than a whisper. "So, uhm..." She continued, her voice now a bit louder but shaking. "Why you're calling?" With her heart pounding against her chest she waited for his response.

"I...I just...erm..." He stuttered and Megan couldn't help but slightly smile. Spencer always stuttered or rambled when he was nervous. And he seemed to be as nervous as she was. She could hear him taking a deep breath and clearing his throat.

"I'm so awfully sorry for what happened that night. I'm sorry for what I've said, I didn't mean these things. I was...I was just so angry and...in the heat of the moment I've said things I shouldn't have said and I already felt sorry an hour later." He rambled while Megan just listened to what he had to say. The water was getting cold but she didn't care.

"Megan, I...I'm so sorry. I miss you and..."

"I miss you, too." She interrupted Spencer and could hear him taking in a deep breath of relief. "And I'm sorry as well. I didn't mean the things I said neither." She explained, her heart almost bursting out of her chest at that moment. She hadn't expected him to call, she hadn't expected to hear anything from him anymore. And now she was talking to him over the phone, while she was lying in the bathtub.

"Have you...uhm...have you got time to go for lunch with me tomorrow?" He then suddenly asked what took Megan by surprise once more. Of course she had time! And if not, she would make time for having lunch with him. She wanted to scream yes yes yes, but instead she quietly said: "Yeah, sure."

"Good. We should really talk it through. I...miss you so much; I don't feel like myself without you. I feel like I'm only half a man. Like...half of my heart is missing." Megan smiled at his words; tears were building in her eyes. Sometimes it showed how much poetry and how many books Spencer actually read in his free time and she loved it.

"At twelve in the restaurant we went to for our first date?" She then asked. "Sounds perfect." Spencer responded before they wished each other a good night and Megan disconnected the call.

She finally left the bathtub; the water had turned cold now anyway. Wrapped in a fluffy bathing gown Megan lumbered into the kitchen to prepare herself a cup of hot chocolate with little marshmallows. Her thoughts were once again spinning around Spencer. He had actually called her. He wanted to meet and talk about everything. He had sounded tired; as if he hadn't have a good night's sleep neither since they'd broke up.

Some minutes later Megan sat on her couch, the cup of hot chocolate in front of her on the coffee table. She grabbed her phone and searched for Penelope's number. She had to tell her about Spencer's phone call, knowing that the technical analyst would freak out about this news.

"Garcia?" Megan heard her friend's voice. „Hi Penny, it's me."

„Meg! Are you alright?" Penelope's voice was immediately filled with worry, what made Megan chuckle a bit. "I'm fine, really. Spencer called me."

"What? He called you? When? Why?" The blonde woman was about to freak out already. „Yeah, just some minutes ago, while I was taking a bath." Megan told her while she grabbed her mug to take a sip of her hot chocolate.

"Oh my god, that's awesome! What did he want? Are you guys giving your love a second chance?" Penelope was overly excited, what made Megan laugh. The first time since weeks. "Maybe. Anyway, we'll meet for lunch tomorrow. If there won't appear a case for the team." She explained her friend and could hear her squeal on the other side of the phone. "Oh, there will be no case! And if so, I'd take Spencer's place so he could stay here and you can meet!" She burst out. "Penny, you're too amazing!" Megan laughed after she'd almost spit out the sip of hot chocolate she'd just had.