A Christmas surprise

A/N: this is my last Christmas story for this year :) and as you might have noticed, it's "reader" based ;) I hope you liked those little stories and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL! :)

You were sitting on the couch, holding a small picture in your hands. You couldn't believe what you saw on it. No one could really figure out a human being on that scan, but you knew that there was a baby growing in your stomach. A miracle that you had almost lost hope in during the last months.

You and your boyfriend Spencer had tried for a baby since quite a long time now and you hadn't thought that it could work in the end. But it seemed like it finally did.

Days ago you had started to feel sick – especially in the mornings - and your boobs had started to be very sensitive and even hurt sometimes. With your heart beating fast, you had bought a pregnancy test yesterday and when it said that you were pregnant, you had called your gynecologist immediately.

You had seen him this morning and he confirmed what the test had said: you were pregnant. And you had still trouble to actually believe that you were going to be a mom. That you and Spencer were going to be parents.

With a sigh, you let yourself sink into the pillows and turned your head to look out the window. It had started to snow some hours ago and the streets and roofs were white already.

Christmas was coming and the BAU team had just came back from a case two days ago. Spencer had travelled to Las Vegas to visit his mom right before Christmas, but he had promised to be back in Washington on Christmas Day. The team was supposed to celebrate together with their loved ones and you couldn't wait for that Christmas party, now even more than before.

How could you tell Spencer that he was going to be a dad? You bit your lips and put a hand on your stomach while you were thinking about a way to tell him. It had to be special. Spencer wanted to have children since quite a long time and you knew he would be so happy about this. But still, you were nervous about telling him. And while you were strolling through the apartment, you figured out a little plan.

~

"Spencer!" You threw your arms around his neck while he let fall his to go bag and pulled you into a tight embrace. Spencer had just come home on Christmas day and you felt relieved that he made it on time.

He laughed and kissed your lips. "I missed you too, Y/N." He smiled and then cupped your face with his two large hands just to look at you for a moment. His eyes were so full of love that you felt your knees starting to be weak.

You sighed and leaned against Spencer. It had been some long days without him and you were so excited to tell him about the amazing news, but you had to wait a bit longer.

"Come on, we have to be at Rossi's in two hours and I'm sure you'd like to take a shower before", you said with a smile and kissed Spencer's cheek before you finally let go of him.

"I'll be right back, darling", he promised and then disappeared in the bathroom. With your heart beating excitedly you sat down on the couch again. On the coffeetable there was lying a small, flat and wrapped present. It was Spencer's and you couldn't wait to give it to him. You smiled as you grabbed it and put it into your purse.

Half an hour later Spencer was finished with showering and joined you on the couch. He wrapped his arms around you and pulled you closer. You snuggled into his arms and closed your eyes. It felt so good to finally have him back again.

"We don't have much time for this anymore", you murmured, suddenly feeling a bit sleepy. "One more reason to enjoy it to the limit", Spencer smirked and put a finger on your chin so he could turn your face towards his to kiss you.

~

"Okay, guys! Time to exchange the presents!" Rossi clapped his hands and everyone turned to go to the huge Christmas tree that was standing in the spacious living room. You grabbed Spencer's hand and squeezed it. Only a few more minutes and you could give him your Christmas present. You were so excited that it was hard for you to act calm and like nothing was going on.

You watched JJ and Will exchanging their presents and Jack and Henry opening their presents and squealing joyously about what they got.

At the end, there were just Spencer and you left and with slightly shaking hands and your heart pounding fast and hard against your chest, you took the small present and gave it Spencer.

First he looked at it and then he looked up at you frowning. "What's that?", he asked. You shrugged and bit your lips. "Just open it", you suggested. You took a deep breath to calm yourself. You were so excited – especially because Spencer's whole team and their partners and families would get to know the news tonight as well.

You watched Spencer open the thin present. He did it carefully to not break what was inside. He pulled it out slowly and then, after some seconds, he realized what he was holding in his hands. His eyes widened and he looked up, right into your eyes. "Really?", was the only word he could say.

You nodded and made a step towards him. Suddenly you forgot about all the people surrounding you. There were just you and Spencer. And Spencer was looking at you in awe. Then he slowly put a hand on your flat stomach. The smile on his face grew bigger and bigger and then he started to laugh happily and pulled you in a tight hug. You joined him with his joy and laughter and it was only when he let you down on the ground, that you both realized there were people standing around you looking at you a bit confused.

"Wow, that must be an amazing Christmas present", Derek murmured. Spencer nodded. "You want to see what it is?", he asked. Of course, everyone nodded. They were curious now. Spencer held up the ultrasound scan, still a huge grin on his face.

"Oh my god!", Penelope squealed, jumped and then ran towards you to throw her arms around you. "Oh my god, you're going to be parents!", she squealed again. You laughed and tried to escape her tight embrace. "I'm so happy for you!", Penelope said and kissed your cheek.

"Thank you so much, Pen." You gave her a huge smile. You felt so relieved that Spencer was so happy about it and everyone else seemed to be extremely excited for you both. While you and Spencer accepted all the congratulations, you tried to look at each other as much as possible. You both knew that there was going to be a new life for you and that things would change within the next months. But you both were excited about it and couldn't wait to start that journey.

After some minutes, Spencer came back to you and wrapped his arms around your waist; his hands coming to rest on your stomach. He kissed your lips. "That's the best Christmas present I've ever gotten. I love you so much, Y/N." You smirked and nodded. This Christmas was by far the best one you have had until now.