Anytime

"No! No, no, no! Just take me! Take me!" Felicia's heart was pounding wildly against her chest while she held up her arms and hands. Desperately she looked to the middle-aged man that was holding a gun in his hands. The weapon was pointed at Spencer Reid, Felicia's boyfriend. And before she had properly thought about what she was actually doing, she'd let drop her own gun and pleading to the unsub. "Felicia, what are you doing?" Spencer whispered between clenched teeth. He was standing there motionless in this storehouse where the FBI had found the man that had killed four people within the last 3 months. Felicia and Spencer were the only ones in this part of the storehouse here at the moment since Hotch, Emily, JJ, Derek and Rossi were checking out the other parts of this huge building.

Felicia and Spencer had thought they could catch him without any problems. They were two, he was alone. But they had thought wrong. He'd managed to kick away Spencer's gun and now he was about to kill him. No, Felicia couldn't let this happen. She couldn't live without him. This adorable, awkward young man had become the most important person in her life almost a year ago and there was no way she'd let someone kill him. She'd rather die instead of letting him get killed.

The man slowly turned to Felicia, the gun still directed at Spencer. An evil grin parted the man's lips. "You'd give your life for him? You'd die for someone else?" His low voice sounded as if he couldn't believe her decision. But she nodded while she tried to hold back the tears. "Please don't harm him." She begged. And then she saw the gun turning to her and she swallowed. She clenched her fists and closed her eyes. She knew it was either Spencer or her and she rather wanted it to be her. No shot came so Felicia looked up again, in Spencer's face. His eyes were full of desperation but he just couldn't get to his gun without being shot by the guy. Where the hell were the others? Felicia was wondering now. She slightly shook her head in Spencer's direction. She was wearing a bulletproof vest but she was aware that she could still get seriously injured or even being killed.

"Felicia, no!" She could hear Spencer's voice and her eyes darted to him before she heard the shot. Not even a second later she felt a sharp pain near her neck and the world around her immediately became dark...

~

"I can't believe that's happening." Nervously and with his hands running through his hair and make it even messier than it already was, Spencer was walking back and forth in the waiting room of the hospital. Right after the unsub had shot his girlfriend, Hotch, Rossi, JJ, Emily and Derek caved in and Derek had shot the man in the leg to dispose him. Spencer hadn't really paid attention to what was happening next to him. He'd kneeled down to look after Felicia. The bullet had hit her between shoulder and neck and the ambulance had taken her to the hospital immediately to remove the bullet as soon as possible. Spencer had joined his girlfriend in the ambulance refusing to leave her alone although she had been unconscious. Of course he hadn't been allowed to go through the OR so he had to wait now. Derek and Penelope had joined him only some minutes later, worried expressions on their faces. "What's going on with Felicia? Where is she? Is she going to be okay?" Penelope had asked while she'd dropped her bag on one of the chairs. "She's in the OR, I don't know what's going on." Spencer had murmured.

And now they were already sitting there since two and a half hours. Spencer got more and more nervous. What was taking so long? Was the injury more serious than they all had thought? "Kid, you need to sit down." Derek said after he'd watched his friend pacing around for at least an hour. "I can't." He murmured. "Why doesn't anyone tell me what's going on? Oh god, she...she wanted to get shot instead of me what if she dies? I...I couldn't live with that." He rambled while he as also trying to take deep breaths and calm himself down. But it didn't really work. "Reid. Hey, pretty boy. Look at me." Derek had gotten up from his chair and was now standing in front of the young agent, his hands placed on Spencer's shoulders. "She won't die, okay? She'll make it she's strong. And for god's sake, don't blame yourself for this! She knew what she was doing." Spencer looked at his best friend, trying to believe his words. But it didn't take away the sense of guilt he was feeling. "Do you hear me? She won't die." Derek repeated himself and now Spencer nodded. He shook off Derek's hands from his shoulders and finally let himself sink onto one of the chairs. "Here." Penelope had been gone to get a coffee and now reached it to Spencer. He took it with a quiet "thanks" and brought it to his mouth. He definitely could need some caffeine right now, he suddenly felt exhausted and tired. The worry about Felicia almost drove him insane and the fact that she got shot just because a man with a gun had threatened him and she wanted to save his life, didn't make anything better. He couldn't lose her. He would never be able to forgive himself if she'd die.