Chapter Twenty-Two - The Alchemist's Pleasure

AN: The next couple chapters will be rated M for Mature. Parental guidance is advised. *wink wink*

The Alchemist's Pleasure

The next morning Eve woke to a giant wolf paw lying over her back. Blinking sleep from her eyes she picked up her glasses from the bureau and slipped them on. Her jaw dropped. At some point in the night Vincent had managed to cram half of himself on her bed, his lower body and giant tail dragging on the floor.

"You have got to be kidding," she mused.

The wolf lifted his head, looking extremely pleased with himself.

Eve forced her features into a scowl. "Who said you could sleep on the bed?"

Vincent rolled his eyes. Then he pounced on her, licking her face.

"Oi! Vincent, stop. Arg, stop it!" she screeched, scrambling back and right over the edge. She landed on the floor with a thud. Running a hand down her face she tried to wipe away some of the slobber. "Ugh. Really, Vincent, on my glasses?"

His shoulders were shaking and she could tell he was laughing. Wiping off her glasses she gave him her best disapproving glare. "Bad wolf."

He rolled on the bed with a grin, clearly unconcerned by her reprimanding tone.

Shaking her head Eve chuckled. She watched as Vincent jumped off the bed and walked to the middle of the room. "What are you doing? AH!" Her words ended in a yelp as Vincent turned right in the middle of the cottage, the room filling up with smoke. "Vincent!" She jumped to her feet, coughing as she raced out of the front door. "What the fuck!?"

Vincent followed her, laughing loudly as he pulled on a pair of jeans. "I love it when you curse."

"No turning in the house!" she snapped, watching as plumes of smoke escaped out the door.

He grinned. "It was either that or force my way through the door again."

Placing her hands on her hips she scowled at him. "If I had a newspaper I'd smack you with it."

"Violence, Evelyn? You have been around me too long," he teased, walking up to her.

Eve eyed him wearily. In just one night his skin was back to its normal tan, the darkness under his eyes gone. It appeared as if a weight had been lifted off him. Vincent pulled Eve against him, wrapping his arms around her shoulders.

"Vincent?"

"Just this," he grunted, burying his head against her hair and breathing deep.

After a moment she relaxed, his warm skin and male scent surrounding her. Wrapping her arms around his waist she hugged him back. "I've missed you," she admitted, her voice rough with emotion.

Vincent shuddered, his arms tightening their hold. "I was right here, Evelyn."

Burying her face against his chest she breathed him in. "I know, but I just...I wasn't ready." She felt hot tears. "I didn't mean to make you so sick. I didn't know."

His big hand stroked down her hair. "Don't."

"Sorry."

He growled.

"I know. I know. 'Stop apologizing'," she said, trying to mock his voice and failing miserably.

Vincent's chest rumbled with laughter. "Nice try."

Sniffing she wiped at her cheeks and gave him a watery grin. Vincent caressed her bottom lip with his thumb, his eyes lighting. Her body instantly reacted to the change in those blue orbs. It seemed like a lifetime since Vincent had last touched her. Her body was starved for him, a damp heat gathering between her thighs.