Chapter Thirty-Seven - A Revelation

AN: If you haven't already please go back and read Chapter 36. It's a brand new chapter. This chapter was the old Chapter 36 and has also been pretty heavily edited.

A Revelation

"Absolutely fucking not!" Vincent shouted.

Eve winced, standing beside Vincent in his office. She could feel the fury rolling off her mate in waves.

Levina tapped her nails on his desk, sitting across from them, the only sign that her aunt's patience was slipping. "The Ascended could use a strong wolf pack like yours."

"I have no desire to speak with them," Vincent barked angrily before swallowing a shot of whiskey.

Eve sighed and rolled her eyes while Levina glanced down at her nails as if bored before replying coolly, "It would be most beneficial for all."

Vincent poured another shot, slamming the bottle down on his desk. "The only time I plan on ever seeing that demon again will be to cut his damn throat out!"

"I happen to have grown rather fond of that demon," Levina stated. "Perhaps you should refrain from threats."

"Fuck off."

Eve balked. That last thing she needed was a cursed mate."Easy," she warned through their link.

Vincent shot a dark look up at her. "She goes too far."

Frowning, Eve took in her mates hard expression. She couldn't really blame Vincent for his frustration. The past few days has been increasingly stressful on her alpha. Strange wolves had been spotted patrolling their borders and Vincent worried that a war among packs was imminent. On top of that the pack had already killed several Legion spies attempting to sneak onto the compound.

"Come now," Levina tisked. "Do you truly wish to start your new life with Evelyn, my beloved niece, when there is still a threat that one of you may be harmed by the Demon King?" Eve did not miss the threatening hint in her aunt's tone and she guessed by the tick in Vincent's jaw that neither had he. 

"This is not the time," Vincent stated through clenched teeth. "I have a new pack to train and the Legion to worry about."

"Exactly! You both have a common enemy in Gabriel," Levina announced. "Join the Ascended, put this messy business to rest with King Sebastian."

Eve couldn't deny her aunt had a fair point. "Perhaps we should speak with them," she offered hesitantly.

Vincent's head whipped towards her and she knew he was furious that she would even suggest such a thing. "No."

"Did it ever occur to you that I would like to speak with them?" Eve asked.

Vincent snorted and waved his hand. "Why in the hell would you want to do that for?"

"I don't know, maybe because I almost killed them," Eve snapped.

"We have discussed this, it was nothing they did not deserve," Vincent reminded her gruffly.

Eve crossed her arms over her chest. "I also don't want to go through the rest of our lives looking over our shoulders."

"I hate to break it to you, angelas, but I have plenty of enemies," he responded bitterly. "You know other wolf packs have begun to gather close to our borders. It could be war."

"Can you blame them?" Levina asked archly. "A rogue werewolf, a hunter who's name is known across the realms, and former member of the Legion, has just formed a pack of his own. A pack of wolves who are powerful in their own right. Powerful and Legion deserters. On top of that, you have a mystic queen. Your name bodes evil and fear, Vincent Shaw. Is that what you want? More senseless war?"