Chapter Forty - Redemption

AN: THQ and The Billionaire's Addiction have been entered into the Wattys2016!! Don't forget to vote, comment, and share. You guys rock and thanks for all your support!

PS. This chapter is not edited. I didn't want to make you all wait any longer...I could work on this chapter for another month. It might be awful...*cough cough*

Redemption

The sky quaked, lightning clashing in the thunderous clouds. Evelyn watched in stunned silence as the two armies slammed into each other. The echoing rumble of bone and steel crushing together vibrated through the air. She didn't have time to dwell on the blood and screams of agony. Or on the horror of watching her aunt be dragged away. There was no time for weakness or hesitation. She had a pack to protect and mate to fight for.

Her face fierce she let the power rise, the air around her sizzling and thick. Mordecai and Stephan stayed close by her side, protecting their queen. Vincent lead the rest of the pack into the middle of the fray, King Sebastian and the demon Bane flanking on either side. Eve could see they were fighting towards Gabriel the Mad and Michael, who stood back and watched with evil sneers.

Notching her bow, Eve quickly fired off shot after shot, blasting through the enemy lines ahead of Vincent, staying far enough behind to avoid the larger hordes of Legion forces. Grace, Chloe, and the she-elf Mia were at her back. Chloe attacked with explosive power while Grace summoned protective shields and cast disabling spells. Mia was closest to her, killing any enemy who managed to get by the two witches with her blades.

The attacks seemed endless, the enemy rushing them in waves. Eve shot another arrow, striking a vampire in the head as he swung his sword at Mia's back. Eve flinched as his body dropped to the ground. The act of killing left a vile taste in her mouth. She didn't want this. She didn't want to have to kill. And yet some deep dark part of her felt satisfaction.

She could feel herself slipping into the abyss. Sucking in deep breaths she tried to calm the power welling inside of her, wanting badly to let it consume her.

"Stay with me," Vincent's alpha voice ordered.

Eve swallowed in relief, feeling her mind clear. "I'm with you."

The vampire Charles sprinted by with his mate Jasper. The two of them were fighting towards Lord Ivan, surrounded by his fiery demons. Charles was a blur as he dodged through the fiery and attacking Lord Ivan out right with his sword. Jasper fought the demons who circled around them, keeping them from interfering. The fiery were no match for the spectral demon, unable to land a blow as he turned demonic and sliced through his enemies. Charles stayed focused on Lord Ivan, dodging flames and sword attacks, his face a reflection of fury.

Beneath Eve's feet the grassy field turned to mud as rain began to pour in hard torrents. She hastily wiped at her glasses, cursing as they continued to fog up and blur with the rain. All around her was blood and gore. It stained her dress and dripped from her skin.

Eve caught sight of Nicholas and swallowed a stab of fear. If she thought she was bloody, the mercenary was soaked, his blonde hair stained red. At first she thought he killed at random, slicing through enemy after enemy, his face savage and wild. But then she realized he was making his way around the battle field, taking out those in command.

"Evelyn, you see that witch to my left?" Vincent asked.

Her eyes darted over the chaos, catching sight of purple haired witch, her face twisted and cruel. She was casting a protective spell over Gabriel and Michael.