Chapter Twenty-Seven - The Hunter's a Big Tease

The Hunter's a Big Tease

The arrow hit its target with ease.

"Nice shot," Vincent mused from within her mind, an impressed look on the wolfs face.

Eve blushed. She could feel his pleasure in her. He was proud. It made her feel warm inside. Biting her lip she notched another arrow, her body tensing, not wanting to mess up the shot and ruin the beautiful feeling emanating off him.

Vincent chuckled, his wolf lying on the ground beside her. "Relax."

"It's weird with you talking inside my head," Eve admitted. She was still growing used to their bond. The mind speak was a trip. She found herself having to carefully school her emotions. Irritatingly Vincent had no trouble blocking his emotions from her, and he did so frequently. It frustrated her to no end. She felt so exposed to him, and yet he continued to hide himself from her.

Her back twinged. Wincing she ignored the pain. The wolf had been brutal with his training, sometimes using his voice on her, forcing her to reach limits she didn't know she could. Each time she succeeded he praised her, his sense of pride was addictive. It was enough to drive her onward.

And then there were the times he rewarded her.

She licked her lips, wondering if today would be one of those days. He seemed especially pleased with her today.

Vincent must of sensed her desire. He gave a little growl. "Keep hitting that target, love, and maybe I'll let you come tonight."

A little moan escaped her throat. "Don't tease." Just a glance from Vincent set her body on fire. Every touch brought her pleasure. But it wasn't enough. She needed more. And her mate wouldn't give. It was torture. Eve was desperate to be filled by him again, over and over.

Stop it!!

She couldn't stop replaying that first night over and over in her mind - his body moving inside her, teeth sinking into her skin, and the pure euphoria that followed as their bond formed.

Eve shivered. She wanted him, bad.

"Are you cold?"

He knew damn well she wasn't. "No."

"With your mind. You need the practice."

She sighed, reaching out to him with her mind. "The mind thing is weird."

"You'll get used to it. Shoot again."

She took a deep breath and steadied her arm just as Vincent had taught her before letting the arrow loose. With a soft thunk it sank into her target.

Vincent gave a growl of approval. "Very good."

"Thank you."

"Use the bond," he chided.

"Ugh," Eve whined. "You're speaking inside my head, that's messed up." She tapped a finger over her temple to emphasize. "You didn't tell me the mate bond meant reading minds."

"I told you I can't read your mind, just your emotions," he corrected.

"It's the same thing," she huffed.

Standing he shook out his fur. "You need to practice communicating through the bond."

"It's the same thing!" she shouted in her head.

Vincent winced, giving her a look. "Do that again, little mate, and I'll take you over my knee."

Eve flushed, part of her tempted. She knew a dominating Vincent was a turned on Vincent. Her mind swam with images of him looming over her, dark and powerful, as he spanked her...