Chapter Thirty-Two - The Demon Kings Revenge

AN: I'm loving the comments and theories! I can't believe how into this story you guys are, it's so exciting! I wrote the end of this chapter listening to the song, Alive by Sia. So epic!

The Demon Kings Revenge

The Tower, Castle of the Demon King

Vincent gritted his teeth as Nicholas sliced the blade over his bare chest. Blood dripped from various knife wounds along his torso and arms, the arrow bolt still embedded in his shoulder.

The blade sliced again, down his collarbone, searing his skin like fire. Vincent tugged at the chains around his wrists, knowing it was useless. The steel was enchanted against him, not only could the chains not be broken but they cut off his connection to Evelyn.

He couldn't feel his mate. That alone was torture.

Miss her.

His eyes darted, quickly taking in his surroundings. They had taken him to a dark circular tower with windows all around and high ceilings. A fire was lit in the single hearth, dozens of candles flickering ominously around him. He'd been forced to his knees on the stone floor at the center, his blood running down his chest.

Nicholas attacked again, slashing above his right eye over his nose and down to his jaw. Vincent didn't make a sound, glaring up at the mercenary.

The bastards were going to mutilate him before they killed him.

Nicholas smirked sadistically as he tossed his blade casually in his hand. "Not going to scream? That's admirable."

Vincent spat blood on the floor before responding coldly, "I wouldn't give you the satisfaction."

Nicholas leaned down close, pressing his blade against Vincent's throat. "We'll see."

"That's enough," the Demon King ordered softly. He stood off to the shadows, watching with silent fury. Vincent could tell the demon beserker was fighting not to turn and rip his throat out.

"I'm just getting started," Nicholas stated.

Sebastian approached him, his face hard and serious. "I have my own plans for the dog."

Vincent grinned, knowing he must look insane with his blooded face. "Give it your best shot, demon."

Sebastian snarled, landing a hard blow to Vincent's jaw. Vincent grunted, nearly knocked over by the force of it. He sat up straighter and gave Sebastian a look of pure hatred. Sebastian growled before grabbing the arrow in his shoulder and twisting.

Vincent barely bit back a roar of agony.

Don't let them see the pain.

Sebastian laughed. "That hurt didn't it?" He twisted it again, the pain excruciating as it shot down his arm and chest.

"Fuck you!" Vincent shouted as Sebastian continued to dig and twist the arrow in his shoulder.

There came a loud howl directly outside the door.

A werewolf.

All three of them turned to the door as shouts rang out. He could hear the clear signs of a struggle. The werewolf roared, the sound so loud it shook the stone beneath Vincent's knees.

Then all was quiet.

The door to his torture chamber opened suddenly. Vincent stared in shocked horror as a bloody Evelyn was shoved inside by the spectral demon Jasper. He had an arrow sticking out of his arm. He ripped it out, tossing it aside. His good hand wrapped around Eve's wrists, tugging her forward.