Chapter Thirty-Three - Scheming Mystic's

AN: We have a few more chapters to go. Michael is still out there, wonder what he's up to....

Scheming Mystic's

Eve blinked her eyes open, frowning against the sunlight pouring through an open window. It was too damn bright and she was so tired. Groaning she rolled over, instinctively running her hand over the bed in search for Vincent. When all she felt were smooth sheets she scowled against her pillow.

Sitting up she looked around groggily, trying to figure out where the hell she was. The large four poster bed was strangely familiar to her. Her glasses were missing, the room around her a blur.

Her eyes landed on a large form sleeping in a chair beside the bed.

"Vincent?"

The male stirred. "It's Stephan, my queen."

"Stephan!" She nearly fell out of the bed, rushing over to him. Without thinking she tossed her arms around his neck, hugging him tight. "I thought they killed you."

The big werewolf chuckled, patting her back. "I've been better."

Eve tensed, remembering he was poisoned by shadowlock, which meant his healing was compromised. "Are you alright? Are you in pain?"

"I'll live," he grunted.

Leaning back she cupped his bearded face, squinting down at him. "First thing I'll make you a cure."

She felt his sense of relief and pure gratitude. "Thank you." His words were full of so much more than just appreciation for her help. Affection warmed her for the burly man and she knew by their bond that he felt the same.

"Where's Vincent?" She could feel him once more, her mind anxiously reached out to him.

"Meeting with your aunt...and the other one." Stephan shivered. "A bit odd that one. She creeps me out."

"The other one..." Eve murmured with a frown just as the door banged open.

"Evelyn." Vincent's rough voice had her heart hammering in her chest. Stephan stood, setting Evelyn away from him as Vincent let out a snarl of warning.

"Vincent," she hissed.

Vincent ignored her, pulling Eve to him roughly. His arms wrapped around her as he hauled her up against him, his face burying against her neck. "Don't ever do that again."

She wasn't even sure of what she'd done. Her memories were a fog. Whatever it was she was almost afraid to see it. "I'm sorry."

"Leave us," Vincent instructed Stephan.

The other man nodded. "Yes, Alpha."

Eve frowned. Alpha...

"Are you alright?" Vincent pulled back to cup her face, urgently twisting it back and forth as if he were inspecting her for damage. "Are you in pain? Fuck, you scared the hell out of me."

"I did?"

His eyes widened. "You don't remember?"

Eve bit her lip. "I don't...I'm not sure." The memories began to flood her mind. The absolute fear that she was going to lose the man she loved. And there was nothing she could do to stop it. Nothing she could do to save him. In that moment she'd cursed how weak she was. If she had power like her mother she could stop them. She'd wished with all her might that she was stronger.

She'd watched in horror as that demon raised his sword over Vincent's neck, the despair overwhelming her. Then suddenly she'd been filled with a burning heat. Her body had pulsed with power and she'd relished it. Fury had filled her.