Chapter Thirty-Four - The Pack

AN: All chapters have been edited. Some chapters were combined. Nothing major, no plot changes. Sorry for any confusion, it was such a mess and driving me nuts. P.S. I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!! Thanks for putting up with me.

The Pack

"Fuck!" Vincent shouted, narrowly avoiding a lightning bolt. "Evelyn!"

"Accident!" Eve yelped, dancing from foot to foot anxiously as Vincent gave her a deadly stare. "Sorry, total accident."

"If you curse me, mate, you and I will have words," Vincent threatened, his rough voice laced with meaning.

Eve swallowed, licking her lips. "If you would give me some space." Vincent snarled at her in warning, refusing to back off to a safer distance. "Fine, don't blame me if you get sent flying off the cliff."

"Like to see you try," Vincent scoffed, crossing his arms stubbornly.

Eve tossed her arms up in the air, pacing along the cliff side. Since her awakening the werewolf refused to leave her side. She loved Vincent with all her heart and soul, but the wolf even followed her into the bathroom!

She knew he was just being protective. Not only could she cure shadowlock but she was now a mystic, opening up a whole new realm of possible enemies. It worried him night and day. It didn't matter to Vincent that she was powerful as all hell. In his eyes she was still his little mate, the one he swore to protect above all others. And he didn't ever want to risk her going 'dark side' again, as he put it.

Worse, she was number one on Gabriel's hit list. Mags had warned them that the Mad One would come for her. Vincent, however, refused to run. The werewolf was fed up with hiding. If the Legion came for his mate he was going to face them head on. And this time no poison or trickery was going to stop him. Eve was giving him daily doses of a strong elixir that left him impervious to all poisons.

"Might want to take a few steps to the right, wolf," Mags advised casually, watching from across the open field Eve was practicing in.

Vincent frowned, jumping to the right seconds before another bolt struck where he'd just been standing. "Shit, you need to get this under control."

"I'm trying," Eve said, exasperated. She just couldn't get a handle on her abilities. Especially with Vincent around. The werewolf's effect on her body and mind made it so much harder to control the power surging through her.

"She's actually doing well," Mags stated. "Levina blew up an entire castle after her awakening. Of course, that might have been on purpose."

"That was not on purpose," Levina huffed, standing beside Evelyn. The ocean wind blew her lovely gold curls as the mystic scowled. "And if that vampire bastard didn't want his fortress to explode he shouldn't have cheated on me."

Eve groaned, dropping her head into her hands. "Oh my god."

Vincent gritted his teeth. "I fail to understand why you two are even still here?"

Mags chuckled.

Levina pressed a hand over her heart, mocking hurt. "We're supporting my lovely niece and helping her to control her gifts."

"Doubtful," Vincent spat.

"Vincent," Evelyn chided from within her mind.

"They are driving me insane," he hissed."Make them leave."

Eve sighed, shaking her head in bemusement. "I know they can be difficult, but they're just trying to help."

"Bullshit."