Chapter Twenty-Six - The Best Day Ever

AN: Sorry for the delay! I've been working tons of overtime before Christmas, single mom over here. Unfortunately, I'm not paid to write *pitiful sigh*. Wouldn't that be awesome!?

The Best Day Ever

Evelyn's Cottage, The Yukon

Eve blinked awake, warm sun spilling in through the open windows. Her skin buzzed with awareness. Reaching up her fingers traced the raised edges of the mark on her neck.

A smile tugged at her lips. Vincent marked her last night. She was his.

Pure joy radiated from her. Vincent's big warm body was wrapped around Eve from behind, his arm holding her firmly against him. The scent of honeysuckle was heavy in the air. She inhaled deeply, stretching under the covers. Her body ached in the most delicious way.

A warm chuckle rumbled behind her. "You seem pleased this morning, little mate."

"Mmm..." Sighing she rolled onto her back, peering over at Vincent's blurred face. She could tell he was grinning.

This may just be the best day of her life.  

Brushing the hair from her neck Vincent stroked a finger over his mark. A growl sounded deep in his chest. "My mark looks good on you."

An intense spark of desire washed over her. Eve realized she was feeling Vincent's desire intermixed with her own. She could feel him, the connection. Vincent was now a permanent part of her. A part she had been missing and never desired to lose. "I feel you," she murmured. "It's strange."

Vincent kissed the side of her neck, his tongue flicking. "You'll get used to it."

Her back arched, eyes sliding shut with pleasure. "But, does that mean you can feel me?"

"Aye."

"Oh." That worried her. Eve felt emotions for Vincent she wasn't ready to admit to yet. The werewolf had made her feel cherished and desired last night, but not once had he told her he loved her. The last thing she wanted to do was ruin this. Vincent wasn't the kind of man who cared for complications. Confessing her love for him was definitely a complication. Vincent had enough to deal with worrying about the Legion and his brother Michael. Toying with the blanket Eve asked carefully, "Is there a way to keep you from feeling me?"

His body tensed. "Why are you asking me this?"

"It's odd, having someone reading my mind like that."

"I can't read your mind, just your emotions."

Wrapping her hand in the blanket she pulled it against her chest protectively. "It's pretty much the same. I didn't realize that would happen."

She could feel anger rippling off him. And maybe...hurt. "And if you had? Are you saying you regret my mark now?" he asked harshly.

The big bad werewolf was feeling insecure. Her heart pinged. "No." Cupping either side of his face Eve pulled him towards her. "I have no regrets. I just...I didn't realize...You know how self-conscious I can be," she said softly, desperate to explain without giving herself away.

Vincent softened. "Don't be. Not with me." Maneuvering between her legs he leaned down close, nipping at her lips. "What have I told you about hiding from me?"