The Mercenaries Dark Desires - Book Three Excerpt

Hey all!

Thanks so much for reading The Hunter's Queen. I know it was rough there for a bit with my writer's block, but seriously every word of encouragement had me going back, even if it was just to write a paragraph or two. You guys are awesome!

Our next installment is based on my favorite character, Nicholas Storm! This book is much darker, more twisted - and bloodier - then the first two books.

Did you expect anything less from the Death Bringer?

The sex is intense. Wild. Kinky as fuck. Even I blushed and had to fan myself a few times!

It will still have humor and plenty of romance, no worries there. But a tear or two may be shed, lives may be lost. You never know what madness may ensue so be prepared!

As with THQ, old and beloved characters will make their appearances throughout. We will also dive deeper into Mags as her POV will be part of the book.

Okay, enough of my babble. Enjoy this excerpt!!

The Mercenaries Dark Desires - Excerpt

The arrow hit its target with a soft thunk.

With a grunt Nicholas bent down, pulling out the bolt before tying the rabbit's feet with twine. Holding the small creature up he frowned, this would not be enough for the vampire.

Readying another arrow, he moved silently through the dense forest. Sunlight flickered past the thick leaves, casting soft beams of light. Ominous clouds were beginning to form above, the low rumble of thunder sounding in the distance. He suspected the storm would hit before nightfall.

Another night spent with the vampire.

God damn, but that was going to be a problem. He was furious with himself for allowing his guard to drop so easily. He was even more furious that her blatant need for his blood had him harder than fucking stone.

And now she waited for him. What would he find when he returned? A red eyed vampire driven by blood lust? Or the seductive woman that beckoned him with her soft husky voice?

He shuddered. What would it be like to take such a creature? To sink into her soft body and receive her bite?

His cock shot hard once more, nearly throbbing.

Fuck!

A branch snapped. Nicholas tensed, raising the crossbow. He was still well within the boarder he'd created by the wards but that didn't mean some demon hadn't wandered in.

Another rabbit skittered across his path. He took aim and shot it smoothly, the small body tumbling into the brush. Sighing, Nicholas shoved aside the thick foliage and retrieved it. The vampire would make do with this.

As he returned to the cabin rain drops began to fall, pelting his hair. He increased his steps, half jogging as lightning cracked overhead and the drops of rain turned into a downpour.

"Shit!" Reaching the cabin Nicholas yanked the door open and stormed inside. Dropping his catch and crossbow he shook out his wet hair and pulled at his soaked shirt.

"You're back." Alexandria's soft voice sent chills up his spine.

Looking up with a scowl he stopped dead.

Alexandria reclined in the bath, her pale arms draped gracefully over the side. Her wet hair curled about her face, the color of onyx, as her lips twitched upward into an inviting smile. Her red eyes flickered black, heavy lidded and seductive.

His own eyes lowered, following a bead of water as it rolled down her collarbone to the top of her breasts.

If she rose just a little higher he would see them, soft and wet.

Desire shot through him, followed closely by anger.

Was the vampire trying to seduce him? Of course she was, she wanted his blood. Nearly ripping off his soaked shirt Nicholas eyed her with open disdain. "What are you doing, leech?"

Her eyes widened briefly before growing darker still, this time with anger. "I was taking a bath, human. I reeked of demon."

Tossing his soaked shirt to the side Nicholas picked up the discarded rabbits and stalked to the tub.

She eyed the animals wearily as he approached. "For me?"

"Just for you," he all but purred. With a cocky smirk he dropped the dead animals into the tub. "Enjoy."

"You ass!" she screeched, water splattering into her face.

He grinned, unable to help himself. Her anger amused him. Crossing his arms Nicholas raised a brow. "Aren't you going to eat?"

Alexandria glared up at him from under her wet bangs, "Piss off, human. As if these weren't bad enough now they're all wet!"

Glancing down at the floating wet bodies of fur he shrugged. "By the way you were trying to entice me into that tub I was under the impression you liked it wet." She sucked in a breath, her ruby eyes going wide. Smirking, he turned his back to her. "Get dressed."

He heard the loud splash of water as she got out of the tub. Part of him wanted to turn around, to view her naked form, those generous curves glistening and wet. Clenching his fists Nicholas resisted the urge, allowing her to dress.

From behind his back Alexandria muttered under her breath before asking with annoyance, "Is there something wrong with you?"

"What?" Glancing over his shoulder he felt a twinge of disappointment as she pulled her shirt down over her stomach. Not that he could complain about her attire. Her dark blue trousers were made of a thick cloth and finely tailored. They encased her legs like a second skin, tight against her curvy hips and thighs. Her white blouse was airy and thin over her camisole, one side hanging off her pale shoulder. She wore no bra, her plump breasts high and inviting, just begging to be fondled.

Her body was truly luscious.

The vampire placed her hands on her hips and rolled her eyes. "Are you slow? Parents dropped you on your head?"

Leaning back against the cabin wall Nicholas drawled nonchalantly, "Not that I recall."

She eyed him for a moment, as if speechless before blurting, "Don't you want me?"

He clenched his jaw at her words. Did he want her? Fuck, yes. But he would never admit it. "Why would I want you, vampire?" he scoffed.

She took a step back as if shocked. Was the woman not used to rejection? He could imagine most men fell at her feet, begging for it. He nearly growled. Imagining it only increased his anger. How many men had bedded this creature? Probably the same amount of women he'd bedded.

Countless.

It made him want to punch something.

"There is something wrong with you," she whispered. Then her eyes narrowed angrily. "Do I disgust you, human?"

Not as much as she should, but he wasn't about to tell her that either. "As a matter of fact, you do."

AN: Hope you enjoyed this sneak peek!!