Chapter Twenty-Nine - Her New Best Day Ever

Her New Best Day Ever

Back at Eve's Cottage, The Yukon

Eve groaned as she relaxed in the metal tub. The hot water eased her sore muscles, the herbal potion she added to the water taking away the pain and bruises from her sword fight with Vincent.

She hadn't managed to hit him again. Jerk.

Still, she was pleased with herself. There was no question she was stronger. It was surprising how quickly her body had progressed, once she allowed it to flourish, instead of hiding away like a damn mouse. Evelyn the Meek, yea right, more like Evelyn the Bow Wielding Queen or Evelyn the Fucking Werewolf Rider!

And Vincent was proud of her. She knew he was.

Leaning her head back she stared up at the starry night sky. Her wolf was off somewhere bathing and cooling off, after being a gentlemen and drawing her a hot bath. She smiled at that. She supposed she could forgive him for teasing her all damn day...maybe.

Getting out of the tub she ran a towel over her wet hair before piling the long locks into a messy bun, not caring that it was still wet and needed a good brushing. Wrapping the towel around her waist she was just about to make her way back to the cottage when Vincent emerged from the trees like a ghost.

Her mouth went dry. Did the werewolf make it a point to be as sexy as possible? His hair was pulled back, his worn jeans unbuttoned and riding low on his hips. God, his body. The man was a freaking sex god. She couldn't stop her eyes from following that dark line of hair running over his hard abs and into his jeans.

The ache at her core returned with brutal intensity. Okay, she totally did not forgive him.

"Feel better?" he asked.

"Yea." Crap, her voice was husky and low. It was so obvious.

His eyes lit up. Hot heat pooled between her thighs in response. "You should go inside." His tone held a warning.

"What...what about my reward?"

Vincent stepped closer, she could feel the heat radiating off his skin. Eve had to crane her neck to look up at him. "You want to come?"

His voice! She nodded. "Yes."

Leaning down he murmured, "Then come."

"I don't understand." It wasn't a command.

He trailed his claws down her arm. "You have fingers, Evelyn."

Her eyes widened. The idea was tantalizing but it wasn't what she needed. "But I want you."

Vincent visibly shuddered. "I can't. Not tonight."

"Why not?"

"Because I wont be able to stop."

"Then don't stop-"

"Don't," he cut her off sharply. "Your body needs to be stronger."

This was driving her nuts! She wanted her aggressive dominant werewolf. "I am stronger."

"Not strong enough."

This was so frustrating! "I told you I like it rough." Hell, she loved it! "You still want me, don't you?"

His eyes narrowed. "Never doubt my desire for you, mate," he grated. "You think this is easy for me? You're not the only one that lies awake at night aching for it."