Chapter 82

Waking up to sunlight was unexpected, but once I was able to turn my head away from the golden rays, it was kind of nice. Different, at least, from waking up to the grey walls of the Room.

Waking up to the warmth of Draco's arms around me though was undeniably and wholly fantastic.

"I am never leaving the bed." I mumbled, turning over and curling tighter into Draco's chest when I found the rest of the sheets around me too cold for my preference.

"Sounds good to me." Draco said sleepily, and I cracked open an eye to look up at him. He still had his eyes closed, from what I could tell, but a small smile was pulling at his lips. I leant up and pressed a kiss to his jaw.

"Sleep well?"

"Extraordinarily." He told me. "I think it may be awhile before my sleep schedule is entirely normalized, but this was certainly a good start."

"I'm glad to hear it." I smiled gently, even as I carefully pushed myself up so I was resting on my elbows in attempt to glance at the room. "Any idea what time it is?"

"Too early to be up." Draco mumbled, and I laughed as he moved his arm, reaching up to wrap it around me and pull me back down to him, his lips finding my forehead. I rolled my eyes.

"The sun may disagree."

"The sun can piss off for all I care." He said with a sigh, then cracked open an eye and looked over to me. "You can stay, though."

"Glad to hear it." I told him, rolling over onto my side and wrapping an arm around him, pleased when I managed to slip a cold hand under his shirt and touch warm skin. I could only enjoy it though for a second before he all but scrambled away, swearing under his breath.

"Your hands are cold, Potter." He accused, staring at me reproachfully from where he was now sitting up. I chuckled, unable to help my grin.

"Sorry. You're warm."

"Well, I'm not anymore." He muttered, nose crinkling up as he ran his hand through his hair. "You'll pay for that."

"I'm so scared." I mumbled, rolling over into his now-abandoned spot. I didn't realize that closing my eyes had been a mistake till I felt a pair of cold hands slip under my shirt and press against my skin. I laughed, trying to scramble away as quickly as possible. Draco was quick though, arms moving to wrap around my waist and pull me towards him, situating us so I sat in his lap while he rested against the headboard, cold fingers still holding onto my waist.

"You jerk!" I laughed, wrestling his arms away from me and just managing to pin him, hands above his head against the headboard of the bed. Draco had been grinning, completely unabashed by his actions, until it all dropped from his face and was replaced by a closed look I wasn't often a witness to.

"Careful with your hands, Potter." He said quietly, and for a moment I didn't understand why- but when I looked up, I realized how close my fingers were to brushing the Dark Mark on his forearm. Undeterred, I frowned, letting his other hand go so I could gently pull his left arm closer to me. Draco stayed quiet as I did so, watching me with an unreadable expression. I wondered if he expected me to cry, or be recoil, or push it away from me.

Instead, I leant down and gently kissed the back of his hand.

"Does it hurt at all?" I asked, not letting go of his hand but holding it tightly even as it dropped to rest between us. I watched him quietly as he thought over the question before he shrugged. 

"Not really. Not since he died." He told me. "It's just ugly now."

"It'll fade into a scar eventually." I reassured gently, brows furrowed. "Not ideal, but..."