Chapter 10

Chapter 10

(((A few months later))(*Sorry I keep doing this, but I write where I need to!***))

I jumped as the clock chimed, signaling that class was out of time.

“Very well. I expect a two-page report on the levitating potion and how it was used in muggle societies by Friday, next week.” Snape demanded as we left the class. 

“Miss. Potter, could I please speak with you a moment?” Snape asked, and Hermione looked at me, startled before I waved her off. Turning around, I walked towards the professor’s desk.

“Yes professor?” I asked, and Snape nodded.

“I am fully aware of where you come from, Miss. Potter, and fully aware of what Dumbledore has asked you to do. However, I can’t help but notice you are close with Mr. Malfoy, is that correct?” He asked, and I nodded, wondering what he was getting at.

“I  suggest you abandon that...... relationship, Miss. Potter. Malfoy is to far in over his head, though I shall try and help him, while I highly recommend you get back to work on the horcruxes.” 

“How did you know about the-” I started, but Snape held his hand up.

“That is not important, Miss. Potter.” He said, and I crossed my arms.

“Dumbledore said my job was to destroy the horcruxes sooner and try to make life better for everybody, including Draco.” I said, and Snape stood up, towering over me.

“You are letting your feelings get in the way of your job, Miss. Potter. That could mess up the entire project, it could cause the Dark Lord’s rise. Listen to me, Miss. Potter, I am only trying to help, and you are making it extremely difficult. I will take care of Draco.” Snape said, and I shook my head.

“No, don’t you see? I know what happens. I know your future, Draco’s future, hell, I know Dumbledore’s future. And what I do know is after this year, Draco will no longer come to you for help. He’s going to be carrying a heavy weight on his shoulders, and he won’t listen to you, not one bit. And he’s going to fail, and he’s going to pay for it. It’s my job to make the world a better place. For everybody. I know where I’m going, I know what needs to change, and I know what needs to stay the same. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to go.” I ranted, leaving the room and a very stunned Snape.

I was walking down the hallway, my mind whirring with thought as I reviewed where the horcruxes were, how to get them, and how to stop unnecessary deaths from happening.   It was all so confusing. 

I was hurrying down the hallway, not noticing the footsteps that followed me until they were right by my side.

“And where are you going in such a rush, may I ask?” Draco smirked, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me close to him. I smirked back at him.

“Wouldn’t you like to know?”

“Yes, yes I would.” Draco muttered, and I tried to keep my knee’s from collapsing.   Draco leaned in, his lips brushing softly with mine. I wrapped my hands around his neck, pulling back and smiling slightly. Draco had been relaxing more in the past few weeks, and he was always by my side when he wasn’t in classes or with his other friends. Draco smirked, his grey eyes shinning happily. 

“Do I get to know?” He asked, and I shook my head, trying to hide my smile as our lips met once again, his hands around my waist. A loud cough came from behind us, and I groaned, resting my head on Draco’s chest.

“Dang it....” I muttered, and he nodded.

“I’ll see you later.” He smiled before walking off hurriedly. I turned to Harry, blushing and very, very angry.