Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Wandering the stores with Tonks was awesome, and I was relieved to finally get some clothes that I didn't have to force myself into- I had been wearing the same clothes for nearly three years.

Most of all it was great to finally spend some alone time with Tonks, who seemed just as happy to be with me as I was to be with her, to my relief.

We had already gone to what seemed like hundreds of stores, and I had gotten more than enough clothes to last me for the next year, including a dark blue dress that I adored.

Now Tonks and I sat in the Leaky Cauldron, both of us too busy eating to really start a conversation, when something on Tonks's hand caught my eye, and setting my fork down, I raised an eyebrow.

"Tonks?"

"Hm?"

"What's that, on your hand?" I asked, and Tonks frowned, looking over at where I was before she smiled wryly.

"Oh, well um-"

"Did he?" I asked suddenly, resisting the urge to jump up to my feet in happiness. "He did. Didn't he?"

"Well..."

"Tonks!" I laughed happily, taking her hand and studying the engagement ring. It was a simple gold band with a pretty moonstone in the center of it that sparkled slightly in the light. It was what had caught my attention, originally. Tonks grinned.

"I was going to tell you."

"It's so pretty! When did he propose?" I asked, looking back up at her curiously. Tonks shrugged.

"The day before last."

"Aw. Does Caiden know?"

"Of course. He helped Remus pick out the ring, apparently." She smiled proudly, and I nodded, grinning madly.

"It's so sweet! And the ring is gorgeous- oh, Tonks!"

"Now, calm down!" She chuckled quietly, rolling her eyes. "It's still a surprise, for the most part."

"Okay, I'll be quiet." I promised, though I was still smiling like a cheshire cat, I'm sure. Sighing I rested my chin on my hand, and Tonks chuckled quietly.

"You look so dreamy, it's ridiculous."

"Sorry."

"Don't be, I did too." Tonks grinned sheepishly, and I rolled my eyes, chuckling quietly before going back to my food.

__

Getting back home later that day, it took what seemed like forever to unpack everything. Tonks was helping me of course, and Sirius, though I'm guessing that was more of an excuse to check out everything I bought so he could approve them.

"What's this?" Sirius asked curiously, lifting up the blue dress and holding it up to himself as if to see if it would fit him.

"A dress." Tonks said as she snatched from, and Sirius stuck his tongue out at her as she hung it up.

"I saw that."

"I saw that." Sirius mimicked, rolling her eyes and scowling mockingly at her before continuing to search through the bags, scowling slightly but otherwise not complaining. I chuckled quietly as I folded and put my shirts in the drawers.

"So mature, Sirius." I chuckled. Sirius grinned crookedly.

"It's part of my charm."

"Of course."

__

Sitting in the living room, I was curled up comfortably in a pair of pajama pants and a large t-shirt, sipping some hot chocolate on the couch. Tonks had left earlier to go out on a date with Remus, and Sirius was watching over Caiden, leaving Draco and I to our own entertainment, though Draco had soon left, albeit grudgingly, to a death eater meeting.