Chapter 7

CHAPTER 7

Red heads, try outs, and Draco

I was walking into the common room late at night. Apparently I had been in the room of requirement longer then I thought, because it was late. Like 11:00 P.M late. I entered the common room to see Harry standing there, his arms crossed.

"Where have you been?" He demanded, and I shrugged.

"No where important."

"Were you with the ferret again?" He growled, and I shook my  head.

"No Harry. I was destroying a fragment of Voldemort's soul that had been stuck in Ravenclaw's diadem for more then 40 years. There was an extremely large tornado and my dad tried to convince me not to stab the diadem so Voldemort could rule the world but I disobeyed him and stabbed it with a basilisk tooth anyway." I rambled, smiling after I finished. Harry stared at me for a moment, his jaw slack.

"Remind me not to ask you where you go anymore." He said after a moment, and I nodded.

"Can do. Night Harry, sleep well. Don't forget, close your mind before you go to sleep." I encouraged, running upstairs to my dormitory. Lavender and Parvati were asleep, but Hermione was up, reading the book I had given her for Christmas.

" 'Mione, lights out. You don't want to sleep in tomorrow!" I cheered, changing into a pair of red and gold pajamas. Hermione put the book down and smiled.

"Fine. Remember, we have Care of Magical Creatures first thing tomorrow with the Slytherins." She said, looking at me pointedly. I nodded.

"I know, I know. I'm not dating Draco, no matter what Harry might say, so if he said anything..." I trailed off, and Hermione nodded.

"I know what you mean. Come on, lets get to bed. Night Lily." Hermione said, shutting the curtains around her bed, and I did the same, falling into a strange dreamland.

ooooooooooo 

2 weeks later

"Lily! Get your lazy bum out of bed! You missed breakfast, you don't want to be late, do you?" Hermione hissed in my ear, and I jumped, looking around the room. Hermione was dressed in a Gryffindor sweater and trousers, and Lavender and Parvati were no one where to be seen. 

Jumping out of bed, I quickly threw on my uniform before I grabbed my  books and followed Hermione out of the room.

Running through the hall way, we made it to potions just in time, grabbing a seat across from Harry and Ron. 

"Potter, Granger, why are you late?" Snape asked, turning around to face us. Hermione looked ready to make an excuse, but I spoke up first.

"I slept in, sir. It was my fault." I said, smiling sadly. Snape blinked before nodding.

"Very well, Miss. Potter. I will let you off this time, but please do not sleep in again." Snape said, before going back to class. Hermione stared at me.

"How do you always get off so easily?" She asked, and I shrugged, listening as Snape continued with the lesson. Finally we got to the good part.

"You have two  hours total. Begin." Snape instructed, and we started making a potion that would allow you to change your hair color, much like Tonks does. Only this potion was limited to 24hours. 

"Here we need...Uhg, hand me the caterpillar head." Hermione demanded, and I handed it to her. Once we had all the ingredients in, we had to stir it, which was a real pain in the- well, you know.