Chapter 28

Chapter 28

The next few days passed quickly, and in a usual pattern. Wake up, meet Neville and Ginny for breakfast with Harry, Hermione and Ron, go to classes with Neville, have lunch with everyone then go back to classes before having free time, which I spent mostly in the library or wandering the halls.

The past week I had been busy trying to avoid Severus and Draco, not wanting to once again my lectured on my safety. However, that doesn't mean I was able to stay away from the outside of classes.

"Ms Potter, will you pay attention please?" Snape's sharp voice cut through my thought, and wincing I nodded, sitting straight in my seat,

"Sorry professor."

"Hmph. Five points from Gryffindor." He said sternly, and I rolled my eyes. Of course. He may be my godfather, but he still hated Gryffindor- and Harry, really- with a strong passion.

"Yay.." I murmured under my breath, and I heard Neville roll his eyes from beside me, nudging me lightly in the ribs.

"You'll get us in more trouble."

"I'm careful."

"Still, Lily-"

"Longbottom, Potter- is there a problem?" Snape was suddenly standing by our desk, looking down at us with a critical gaze. Bloody bat, flying around everywhere.

"No sir." Neville and I chirped together, but Snape shook his head.

"Obviously you two would rather chit chat than study. I feel it would be better to have you separated." He said sharply before looking over at the Slytherin table. "Parkinson, over here. Potter, take Parkinson's seat."

"Oh hell." I muttered, sending Neville an apologetic look before going to sit on the Slytherin side, crossing my arms and slumping into my seat.

"Well, looks like the lion has joined the snakes for once." Draco chuckled quietly to my left, and I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up Malfoy."

"After you, Potter." He replied smoothly, keeping his head down as he did his work. Apparently usually being ignored didn't sit well with Draco, and now it seemed like I was going to pay for it.

"You don't need to be such a git.."I muttered, sorting through the pages of the book. Draco snorted, loud enough to catch the attention of Snape- but he ignored it. I looked over at Neville to see that he had moved as far away from Pansy as he could, and vise-versa.

"You don't need to ignore me."

"It's not just you I'm ignoring." I sighed quietly, watching as Snape walked by. Draco looked over at me skeptically for a moment before turning back to his work. Sighing, I blew the hair out of my face and did the same.

"You got that question wrong."

"Beg your pardon?" I raised an eyebrow, frowning as Draco leaned over, scratching something out on my page.

"It's five times counterclockwise, not three." He murmured, his hand brushing mine softly as he pulled away. Despite it being a small motion, I felt my insides tighten at the gesture, and I nodded weakly.

"Oh. Thanks."

"Don't mention it."

~

"Classes are so terrible." I heard Ron drone on from my left, and I couldn't help snicker as he slammed his head down on the table, barely missing his plate. Hermione rolled her eyes.

At the table today it was just Hermione, Ron, Neville and I, since Harry was out with Dumbledore. It was nice, to spend some time with friends without my cousin around. Not that I didn't love Harry, but.... he could be a bit snippy at times, as of late.