Chapter 8

CHAPTER 8

Date with a Dragon

"Hermione?" I asked weakly, when I entered the Gryffindor common room. The D.A meeting had been cancelled, since it was found earlier that Umbridge had people patrolling the corridors everywhere. I was quite disappointed, but I'd live all the same. Until Harry found me, that is.

"What is it?" Hermione sighed, putting her book down. I jumped onto the couch, pulling the blankets over me.

"Hide me." I pleaded, as I could hear the yelling coming from down the hallway.

"Why on earth would I need to hide you?" She asked, before shrugging, helping me pile blankets over me until I was out of sight. Finally the source of the yelling entered the common room.

"WHERE IS SHE?" Harry asked, and I could hear the portrait door slam shut.

"Where's who?" Hermione asked, and through the blankets I could see Harry's eyes searching the room.

"Lily!"

"Oh, I haven't seen her since she left for tryouts with Ginny." Hermione lied, and Harry nodded, believing it. Gullible boy.

"Well, if you see her, tell her she's in big trouble. I'll be upstairs writing to Sirius." He said, walking upstairs. A second later I pulled the blankets outs, and Hermione and I started laughing.

"Oh! I've never seen him that angry, what did you do?" She asked, and I grinned sheepishly.

"I may be going to Hogsmeade this weekend with a boy..." I trailed off, and Hermione raised an eyebrow.

"Do I even need to ask who?"

"Nope. Apparently Harry isn't ok with it, though. And I don't think Sirius is, either, I may have to write him..." I trailed off, and Hermione nodded.

"I'd do that now, Harry's upstairs writing him as we speak. I don't think Sirius will be as understanding as I am. Now go, I'll cover for you." Hermione said, and I ran upstairs as quietly as I could, only to run into Lavender Brown.

"Oops, sorry Lavender. Here." I said, helping her up. Lavender smiled.

"Thanks Lily. See you later." Lavender said, and I nodded as she went downstairs. Sitting down on my bed, I pulled out a quill and a piece of paper, figuring out what to say.

Finally after phrasing the sentences in my head, I started writing:

Snuffles,

So I'm guessing Harry told you about how I'm going to Hogsmeade with Draco Malfoy this weekend. Er..... don't kill me? Just letting you know, Harry probably exaggerated everything, and Remus, would you please keep him under control, just for a week? For me? Er, screw this. I'm going, whether you like it or not! And if Padfoot shows up, keep in mind that Ginny taught me that bat-bogey curse, and yes, it works on canines, might I add? Tell Caiden I said 'Hi' and that I love him, same with Lucy. Molly: Keep the boys in check, I don't understand how you can live with them.

Lots of love,

Lily

After finishing my letter, I handed it to Abira. She hooted and took off into the night, soon just a black dot covering one of the many stars. I had walked into the Gryffindor common room when my eyes met with Harry's.

"SHOOT!" I yelled, jumping and running towards the portrait door, pulling my wand out.

"Colloshoo!" I cried, and Harry's shoes stuck to the ground as I ran for it, turning into the Great Hall, my robes flying behind me.