Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"Dinner! Everyone, come down! It's dinner time!" A woman called, and I looked down to see Mrs. Weasley walking upstairs, her face forced into a smile. Everything had been pretty gloomy here since the attack on Mr. Weasley, and Mrs. Weasley had been quite depressed. Mrs. Weasley entered our room, her hands on her hips as she searched through the crowd. Finally her eyes landed on me.

"Oh, hello! I'm Molly Weasley, it's so nice to meet you. I'm so sorry about your parents, dear." Mrs. Weasley sighed, and I nodded. I smiled as Mrs. Weasley set eyes on Caiden. Her face seemed to light up, as did Caiden's .

"And now who's this young man?" She asked, and Caiden grinned as Mrs. Weasley picked him up.

"I'm Caiden!" Caiden said proudly, and Mrs. Weasley nodded as she walked with him down the stairs.

"Hello, Caiden! I've heard so much about you! Are you ready for dinner?"

I smiled sadly as my brother was lead into the kitchen. Shaking my head, I walked downstairs, followed by Ron, Hermione, and Harry.

"So, Lily, where are your parents?" Hermione asked curiously, and I flinched.

"Um.." I said, relieved when I entered the kitchen and able to avoid answering as I sat down.

"Here you go, dear. Enjoy." Mrs. Weasley smiled, setting a plate of beef stew in front of me, the smell intoxicating.

"Thank you!" I smiled, as Ginny and Hermione came to sit with me.

"So, where are your parents? You never answered." Hermione asked again, and I cringed.

"They died, during the attack. They were in their car, and...." I trailed off, digging into my food. Hermione gasped, while Ginny put a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"I'm so sorry, I had no idea!" Hermione fretted, and I forced a smile.

"It's ok, just try not to mention it to Caiden, he's already gone through this once. It's so unfair." I sighed, watching as Caiden dug into his stew, Lucy sitting at his side.

"Your brother's really cute, he should be fine here with Mrs. Weasley while you're at Hogwarts." Hermione said, and I jumped.

"Me, go to Hogwarts? I wish. No, I have to find a job, I have to get things taken care of. Caiden....I need to be able to take care of him, otherwise I'll have to find a family to give him to. After I get everything settled, then maybe I'll think about doing school." I sighed, making a list of things I need to do inside my head.

"But you have to go to school!" Hermione cried, and I shrugged.

"I need to take care of Caiden. He's my first priority, along with Lucy. They're the only family I have left."

"What's this talk I hear about not going to school?" A voice interrupted, and we turned to see Mrs. Weasley standing behind us.

"I'm not going to Hogwarts, I can't. I have to support Caiden, and Lucy, I need to find a job." I said, and Mrs. Weasley frowned, shaking her head.

"No, no no! You are going to school! Caiden will be here with us. After you're seventeen, then you can start making plans. But at the moment, you'll be going to school along with the rest of the kids. Hm, we'll have to get you a wand, some robes...we'll open a Gringotts account for you." Mrs. Weasley counted the things off on her fingers.

I nodded, not exactly sure what to say. I had just met these people and they were already treating me like I've known them forever. A few seconds later I felt someone pulling on my short's.