Chapter 2

Alice's POV

We had more customers today than we usually did, which was great. Normally we had teens and young adults entering and exiting out the cafe but that wasn't the case today. Pure business men ordering their warm large coffee's with low decaf.

Caleb teased them because of their leather briefcases and snobby attitudes. "I'd oughta-" but I hadn't let him finish his sentence as I threw a wet rag at him.

"Clean the tables will ya," I chuckled.

He simply rolled his eyes and crossed around the register to the tables. Caleb's disgusted facial expressions making me laugh. Empty coffee cups placed on the tables as well as dirty napkins. Even if there was people to clean after your table, the right thing to do was to throw away your trash. Which was right beside the exit but, you know how there's many people who believe they were upper class and could do anything they pleased.

Sammy passed by Caleb, laughing at him hysterically as he got gum on his hand. These people always made coming to work less boring.

Closing time wasn't until three more hours and I was ready to go home and lay down. Sighing, I decided to make myself a coffee since there wasn't any customers coming in the shop. The grinder filled the air and the scent of brewed coffee beans swept through the room. It was quite chilly inside but the burning wood at the lounge area created some sort of warmth. Once my brewed coffee was about done I poured some cream and stirred it with a stick.

There was multiple people still hanging out but they were focused on their books and laptops. Mainly Apple laptops- I wouldn't expect different from business people.

I took a seat at one of the tables and watched Caleb clean the tables and Sammy poking fun at him. "Don't you have a floor to clean?" Caleb asked and I nearly spit out my coffee as I chuckled at their stupidity.

"You guys are idiots," I said bringing the cup up to my lips, and taking a light sip to prevent myself from burning my taste buds.

I stared out the window and noticed it pouring outside. The rain pattered, and people began to run down the streets to keep away from the rain. "Dammit I didn't bring an umbrella," I cursed as I set my cup on the table.

Sammy leaned against the broom stick, "you can borrow mine if you'd like, my brothers picking me up," she said.

I smiled and nodded my head before thanking her.

The bell at the door rang which signaled me someone entered. I stood up and walked over back to the register. A group of guys and multiple girls stood by the door making a whole lot of ruckus, causing our customers to avert their attention at the sudden commotion. I wasn't too fawn over at the disturbance either and I was probably about ready to say shut up.

They finally settled and being the nosy person I am, I heard one of them say, "damn that rain just came out of nowhere."

Are they in here because of the warmth or are they going to buy something to drink? I thought to myself but I snapped at my rude comment.

One guy walked over to me but I overlooked him and payed attention at the group of people hanging by the door. "Hey can you guys not stand by the door, we would appreciate it," I said looking over the guys shoulder.

They all took their seats by the window and started to whisper. I didn't know why I was still staring but I was.

A cough interrupted me from my trance and I mentally cursed myself for being such a stalker. "Um hi, what can I do for you?" I asked looking up and nearly bumped my head with the guy. "Woah, erm can I-" he started to look over the board above my head. I looked over at the girl that was draped over his arm. A disgusted look on her face as she looked up and down my figure. I maintained myself since I didn't want to get fired today. I looked back over at the boy, "Hmm what would you consider me getting?" He asked.

I was astonished as his memorializing emerald eyes met mine. His brows were furrowed and he had his fingertips grazing his jawline before scanning the menu again.

"The green matcha is pretty good but it's pretty chilly so I recommend the green tea latte," I said.

"Alright I'll take it," he said pushing his chestnut curls out of his face. He had this intense and intimating look plastered on his face. Since he first walked I hadn't seen a smile on his lips, and I began to wonder what life he lived. He pulled out his wallet and handed me a five for his order and said I could keep the change.

I didn't need to ask him for his name since he was the only person who ordered something for the past hour. The girl did a short disgusted grunt at me before walking back at the table.

Caleb had walked over to my side and by the look on his face I knew he wasn't satisfied by the group of people hanging out by the window. "Stop staring," I pointed out.

I grabbed the green tea powder and sifted it in the cup and poured hot water and whisked it. Caleb handed me the milk and sugar and I boiled it. "He keeps staring at you," Caleb grunted. I looked over at them and caught the guy from earlier, staring at me. He held his stare for a short while and then looked away. Confused I shook my head and poured the frothed milk with the green powder and sprinkled some green tea over the top.

"Oh hush Caleb," I said pushing him out of the way and taking the drink over at the table.

"Green tea latte," I said placing the cup in front of him. He looked up at me, "thanks." He said reaching for his cup and taking a sip of him.

I turned around and walked back to the table and took a seat.

Thanks. That's it. I thought.

I mean, I didn't expect him to say a whole lot but I considered thanks rude. Harsh.

Sammy started wiggling her eyebrows and I just shook my head at her. "Stop it Sammy," I said tapping my fingertips on the table and looking out the door to see the sunset already setting. Every now and then I glanced over at the table and each time I caught him looking at me. Beginning to think I had something on my face,I wiped my face with my apron.

I looked around the cafe and the remaining teenage females were staring at him. I couldn't blame them although. Something about him was captivating. For the females it was his looks.

For me. It was different.

It was the mystery in him.

_________________________

Well I finally updated. Thank you for all the votes and comments, I really appreciate it! I introduced Harry just a tad bit in this chapter but not really because I'm not planning on introducing Harry fully until maybe chap. 4
Please vote and comment!!

Much love, Jessica xo