Chapter 5

Alice's POV

The next morning the sun blared through the curtains, nearly blinding me. Maybe I was augmenting this whole situation, but I felt as if, my head was banged on a block of wood dozens of times. I groaned throwing a pillow over my head. F.uck I thought.

My head was throbbing in agony, and the massive headache wasn't helping my annoyed state of mind, one bit. The stupid alarm began to ring and I just wanted to slam it across the wall to make it shut up. I mentally cursed myself for not bringing a pill and a glass of water for my hangover.

Even at the state I was currently in, I recalled the British boy and the call I received from my dad.

I wasn't in the mood to wear my fanciest dress and introduce myself to snobby, rich, high class society. Certainly wasn't the kind to act fake just to appeal those people.

Crawling out of my bed I dragged myself to the restroom to run myself a shower. I needed to get rid of this horrid stench. The reek of sweat, rain, and alcohol wasn't pleasant at all.

After my soothing shower I checked my phone to see I have missed messages from Sammy.

From: Sammy

hey Alice! You left early last night! We were having so much fun! But anyways want to go for coffee?

Hmm I work at a coffee shop nearly every day, I can easily reach out for a coffee. I typed back with a 'sure' and got dressed.

Simply putting on leggings, a tee and tennis shoes, I walked out my apartment heading toward the coffee shop.

Normally when we wanted to go out for coffee, we always headed to work since we got a ten percent discount on every order we buy, so that's the fun in that.

The bell dinged and there was Caleb behind the register with his head in his hands. I chuckled to myself.

Poor kid. I thought.

"Morning Caleb," I said taking a seat at one of the tables in front of him. Caleb looked up at me. Eyes, red and puffy. He hasn't gotten much sleep, I'm guessing. "I should've called off work today," he groaned. The scent of breed coffee beans made my stomach growl. "Get me a chocolate muffin yeah, sammy's taking long," I said.

Caleb put my muffin in a bag and tossed it to me. "Thanks," I said.

He waved me off before going to the supply room. "Alice!", someone chirped. Confused and annoyed I turned over to see Sammy running toward me. How the hell is this girl not bothered by her loud voice?

"Shut up Sam, my head yeah?" I said taking a bite of my muffin. She rolled her eyes before pulling out the chair in front of me. "Oh hush, last night I met this cute guy," she wiggled her eyebrows at me with excitement.

"And?"

A huff escaped her lips before giggling, "well he wants to meet up with me again while we're both sober."

I nodded my head still not understanding why she was giving me this information. "So why don't you?" I asked with annoyance.

Sam frowned, "you alright?"

"tired is all," I said.