Chapter 28

JUST US IN THIS MOMENT.
somehow I awoke to the feeling of being almost complete. arms embracing my figure and head of wavy curls nuzzling my neck. I realized the bigger picture instead narrowing down to just the small details. Harry and I cared for each other, we were aware of the feeling, we didn't need to tell each other this.

I stood off the mattress, cold tiles sending a chill down my spine, as my feet come in contact with the cold floor.   A low murmur erupted my ears, "baby come back." suddenly in the mood to be enveloped by Harry, i jumped into the bed with him. "We still need to pack, yah know." I mentioned. Harry rubbed his tired eyes, before leaning to press a kiss on my lips only to be met with my flushed cheek. "Morning breath, sir." A jokingly scoff erupted his lips as he nuzzled his head into my breasts. "Such soft pillows," he mumbled. Slightly offended, I stifled an embarrassed laugh as I gripped his hair in my palm with a tug from my breasts. "That's not funny," somewhat irritated by his satisfied smile I slapped his arm in response.

"It t'was funny."

within minutes, I was rolling out of bed once again. I had two hours to pack before we had to catch our flight. Harry started to roam his closet for a new dress shirt, which made me ponder on the idea that I've never really seen Harry in just regular clothes. "Babe, which shirt?" a light shaded dress shirt was picked compared to the grey one. Don't get me wrong, Harry looked great in his dress clothes but something about him in tees was exquisite.

x

the flight to Cheshire was rather quite long. Harry mostly typed away on his laptop doing business and I was watching reruns of the x-files on my phone. it was night time in his hometown and I began to wonder if I was going to meet Harry's family tonight or the morning. my question was answered when a familiar face was waiting for us in the airports cafe. a tired yawn escaped my lips as we bid our hello's to Gemma. "Welcome to Cheshire ," this all felt strange.

assuming Harry always had to ride in his style, a white Audi waited for us at the entrance of the airport. Harry tugged my suitcase from my hands and tossed it in the truck with the rest of his things. the whole ride, approximately two words were exchanged between Gemma and Harry. I was in the backseat taking in Harry's hometown and trying to imagine Harry as a sixteen year old. I looked up to see Harry's staring at me in the rear view mirror making me shift in my seat as I scooted closer to the window. a chuckle erupted my ears making me feel insecure somehow. "Are you two dating?"

slightly taken back by gemmas question, Harry rubbed the peach fuzz on his chin as he cleared his throat, obviously coming up with an explanation. " I practically begged Harry to take me, I love cake," not being a complete fool, Gemma hummed in question. nearly five minutes after the awkward silence, we drove into a driveway. stepping out of the vehicle, I approached the trunk to gather our things but Harry never popped the trunk, leaving me stranded as he already made his way to the porch. the home was adorable. lofty, smelled of lemon cookies and burning wood. as I was introduced to his parents Harry clung to my side like a gum that got stuck on your shoe. "Lovely meeting you, Anne," her eyes reminded me of Harry's. Warm and inviting. Anne motioned me to sit on the couch, "I know it must be hard stepping into this family," unsure of what she meant I asked, "how so?"

"the relationship I share with my son, isn't ideal. I understand that. though, my daughter spoke great things about you, and I am appreciative that my son has someone he loves near him in New York," a bloom of heat washes of my face. suddenly not wanting to correct her I said, "I would do absolutely anything for Harry, he's a great friend."

aware of my tone emphasizing the word friend, Anne apologized a dozen times on behalf of her mistake. shaking my head I explained how easy it would be to mistake such a silly thing.

I had been conversing with Anne for the past hour or so before she excused herself for a nights rest. I was left alone so I decided to sprawl my legs out on the couch. within minutes, Harry came. standing near the foot of the couch I stared at him for a cool minute before asking, "may I help you?"

Harry raised his left eyebrow as he flicked his eyes between my eyes and sprawled feet. "mhm too lazy to move, I'm comfy." an exasperated sigh left his lips as he tugged on his rugged curls. expecting him to take a seat on the couch adjacent of me, I was taken back as he lifted my legs from the cushion before taking a seat and placing them on his lap. "mum loves you," he spoke.

"who doesn't?"

"It's quite cold in here, don't you think?"

Harry shrugged his shoulders, allowing the cushion to engulf his hard figure. his hands began to rub up and down my legs, creating friction for warmth. "you ready to go?"

"Go? Where?"

Harry gave me a silly look as he placed my feet on the floor, "to my house."

the drive was longer than I thought it would be. Harry woke me up, my door wide open allowing the wind to hit my body. I cuddled into the cushion of the passengers seat, "can we just sleep in here?" a deep chuckle erupted behind me, "I already paid a week stay here, come on."

Huffing, I lazily unbuckled my belt, sprawling my arms out in the air like a baby. "Carry me, daddy."

a groaned moan vibrated off his lips as he hoisted me in to his arms. my legs wrapped around his torso, head nuzzled in the space where his shoulder met his neck, arms underneath his armpits as I cuddled into his chest. Harry closed the car door with his hip as his hands rested beneath my thighs. "daddy," he laughed dryly, dragging out the 'y' in the process.

"you think you've got me wrapped around your finger don't you."

nuzzling my head further into neck I brushed my lips on the scar beneath his chin, "yes."

once my back met a soft cushion I released my grip from Harry's figure and crawled up to the pillows. "your mom thought we were dating," I mentioned. Harry looked up from his dress shirt, "what did you say?"

I sat up, pulling the duvet up to my chin, "I said we were friends." His mouth shaped an 'O' shape giving to what I assume an approving nod. Harry dressed out of clothes into nothing but his boxers. stepping around the mattress he made his way to his side of the bed. I gasped when Harry pulled me to chest making me hover over him. I sat him, legs straddling both sides of his legs as he tucked his arms behind his head. "we need to take you shopping tomorrow. with your credit card of course.. I'm broke as they come. you're 23, cripes you act 30. I'm aging with you H, so tomorrow no more fucken dress shirts and slacks," Harry furrowed his eyebrows unsure if he wanted to agree but he nodded anyways.

I crawled off him and made it to my side of the mattress, "goodnight daddy," I can hear Harry groan behind me.

"tease."

-
-
-

hiya! I know i said I would update every Sunday but I kinda had a writers block. anyways I hope you liked this chapter. It's more of a filler of course. new update this Sunday !

much love,
jess