Chapter 9

ALICE'S POV

Some say that when love meets the eye you know that is your lover. The one you can see spending the rest of your life with. As in marriage, in sickness and in health. You can't really say you love someone if you haven't spend time with them. You've yet have learned their flaws, what they liked, what they disliked. You hadn't learned their habits.

I didn't know what I was feeling.

Thoughts of those pink plumped lips. Those long curly locks. His dazzling emerald orbs. That angular face. His tight jawline and his massive hands- how they settled on my hips and how they swayed me with the music; all of his features and movements appeared in my mind.

I was attracted to him.

That was all.

I lost myself when I was thinking of him. I wondered when I was going to see him again but I told myself to stop thinking about him. He was the kind of guy my parents warned me about. The men that wanted a good f.uck. The men who made you feel special then toss you to the side like you were garbage. Trash. Worthless. I wasn't going to be some game to men. And if I was involved in it- I was going to find a way to get out of it.

Flipping through the channels my phone rang.

From: Sammy
Hey Alice! Do you work today?

To: Sammy
Yea, my shifts doesn't start for another hour.

To be truthfully honest I was dreading work. The thoughts of Caleb acting awkward around me made me feel different. I regretted saying yes on hanging out with him but I didn't regret the kiss... if that made sense. I began to dress for work.

Slipping into tight skinny jeans, a white v-neck and my converse. I decided to head to the flower shop to pay Debby a visit.

When I arrived I had to go out back to her garden. There, her pink hair caught my eye and I chirped, "Debby!"

She jumped in fear and I began to chuckle. "Sweetheart why would you do that!?"

Her voice didn't sound mad, only startled. She held her hand across her heart and gripped the fence, "I'm sorry didn't mean to give you a fright." Her lips pursed together but she chuckled before handing me a flower. "It's fine. So how are you?"

Picking up her bucket and shovel, I followed her inside the shop. "Hmm I'm doing well, how about you?"

"Welcome!" She greeted the incoming customers before looking back at me. "Great, tired is all. I'm getting old," she laughed and I couldn't help but frown. Settling her hand on mine, she gave me an assured smile. "I'm fine... just fine, sweetheart."

Debby was getting old, there was no doubt in my mind she was. Wrinkles had taken her hands and feet, and slowly, doing so much activity tired her. "I know.."

Although I knew she was trying to keep positive thoughts, I went along with it... just to make her happy.

"So what brought you here?" She asked. I shrugged my shoulders taking a sniff of the daisy she gave me. "Just visiting but I should be heading to work. Have a nice day," I engulfed her in a hug before placing the daisy behind her ear and jogging out the flower shop.

~

Brewed coffee beans swept the air and the warm atmosphere sent chills down my spine. Receiving smiles from the customers I walked toward the supply room to grab my apron. "Hey," I said clocking in. Caleb smiled, "hey."

I tied the apron around my waist and pulled my hair up in a bun. "About last night-" I stopped him from furthering this. "Caleb it's fine. We're friends, remember?"