Chapter 33

a l i c e

due to the sun melting away yesterdays snow, the balcony doors were widely open.. allowing in the lightest breeze. sitting in the lounge, I brought along a cup of tea, a bowl of cashews, and a torn book I discovered in an antique store. observing the natural light and discolored petals, I reach for my watering can ; which I purchased along with the book. naturally, I look down to admire my city, only then to recognize Caleb at my complex entry. striding over to unlock the door, I drag along my sitting mat to my little garden.

basking under the exposure of the sun, I holler "open," once I hear a knock at the door. Caleb is too afraid to disrupt me, so I willingly leave my station and welcome him with a hug. "it's nice seeing you." as I rest my chin upon his shoulder, I inhale the scent of vanilla and faint smells of coffee and cinnamon. his arms tightly wrap around my figure before whispering, "I miss you." truly, I did too. I've been too consumed by harry, I lost relations with my friends and neighbor. As he swayed our bodies, I lifted my head away from his neck realizing how intimate he had become. His hand comes up to ruffle my hair, "your hair looks wonderful." The compliment was enough to make me hide behind my hands, "thank you." my bare feet stride along the tiled floors as we settle on my couches.
Caleb curses below his breath before excusing himself to retrieve something outside my door. Waiting, I find it hard to sit comfortably- attempting several sitting positions I settle with one leg tucked beneath my butt. "Close your eyes," he enthusiastically sings. squeezing my eyes shut, I can't help but allow a smile to form on my face.

the couch sinks beneath me as he sits, "okay open!" it took merely three seconds for my vision to adjust to the display of gifts Caleb brought me. inside the bag I find a writing journal, an array of paintbrushes, photographs, many of which were candids of myself, and a collection of letters, tinted with dates and wax sealed stamps. "are these letters from you?"

Caleb sighs, "actually they're not. before spike got into the accident he wrote letters to you while you were living your soap opera. he actually addressed them to me since he couldn't get in contact."

from this point on, i was in no shape of entertaining company. my fingers glide over the seal, gently lifting it off the envelope. inside, three pages of stonehenge paper were collectively folded. the surface was a light tan shade followed by smooth mottled texture. unraveling the papers, i fond over the calligraphy and smeared aspects of the india ink.

December 2nd

alice ,

I'm writing to you from Greece, i will confirm it again, from Greece ! you would like it here, so many opportunities for your sketches. I've finally met my dads side of the family, they're far different from my moms. I'm sure you're probably guessing why I'm here in the first place. well, I've decided to live the travelers life.
I'm absolutely joking; actually it was my dads decision.. the effort is what I've always asked for. so many of my cousins are already teaching me Greek.. truly I still don't understand what hello means. the lakes are so clear, and the vast mountains are covered with snow, the weather of course is much better than New York. I can't remember the last time I wore shorts and sandals. my pop wants to arrange a marriage with one of the single villagers but if it's alright with you, not that I will take it into consideration, I'm taken by alice from California. how are you anyways? hows your relationship coming along? If I have any questions I usually ask my informer sammy about you, but she also says your traveling around with harry. I'm glad you're finally seeing the world, not that you haven't explored them in the books you've read- anyways tell harry I said hello, and I would also like to give you some friend advice (in no way trying to better my chances) , dont settle so soon.