Chapter 25

(A/N) hii! I'm back, read the authors note at the end pls and can we pls aim for for 30 votes? Also here's a lovely trailer for this story made by tattooedanchor please enjoy! )

[includes brief sexual content]

ALICE'S POV

have you ever seen the person you have attached yourself to, suddenly lose interest in you? you can see it in their eyes, slowly losing it's light. you can hear in their voice, so strained and emotionless. You're left mid air questioning if you are at fault.

Perhaps we were toxic to each other, maybe we fell for each other at the wrong time or in the wrong atmosphere. It was as though we were meant for one another in a different life. but I missed him. I missed him like the sun waited for the moon to peer up to end the day, or flowers waiting for the sun to awake them, I wanted to tell him that the iron walls I had constructed around my heart was to keep him from hurting the last few feelings I had for him, the last thing I wanted to do was push him out as if he wasn't such an impactful part of my life. I had forgotten the feeling of love. Was love the numb aching feeling you get when you've buried yourself so deep you don't know how to feel? or is love just this blind inevitable void of a beautiful chaos. The worst feeling of all was knowing he meant so much more to me than I did to him.

If love is blind, than I hope he may feel my heart and how it beats for him. If love is blind than I wish he may see my heart and my mind and the collection of his fingertips and the signature of his lips he imprinted on them. If love is blind then I must feel his heart too, is it too beating at the touch of my skin or the taste of my lips?

Are we in love?

with every breath I take, you're this cold fucking air that's filling up my lungs and I remember everything that you stand for. but then I feel the sun's warm light on my skin and I remember how soft his hands are and how when he smiles his eyes crease and I know then he is truly happy.

I keep repeating the same question, over and over- "who are we to us?"

The silence kills us inside, nawing at out insides, knowing that the both of us want to talk to each other, but even with his apologies and his begging, he had already caused the damage.

"Did you know that every time we kiss, you pulse electricity to my hair?"

The things he would point about myself, was that love? this undefined attraction of loving the things one does or the features of say person? If so, love was strange. A person would find it hard to believe that a person could change for the better of others but change.. do we want to ruin the pages we filled with our stories and our laughter.

Although, people like him are not suppose to feel the way he does towards people like me. His feelings were comprised to live in the past and to slander off to different women of the nights.

Is the way you touch me when we're all by ourselves and the way you speak to me in your raspy husky voice mean your emotionally invested? Even if I wasn't for the standards he was lived up to I was good enough. He may no longer do the things he used to, he may be no longer needing or wanting me, and he may not care but he will still have the same pain as I.

Love is eternal. I see you across the room and immediately we catch each other's eyes, the intensity growing between us as your emerald eyes turn to a jade. Your lips hovering lightly on the cup of liquor but it wasn't because you were possessive or sexual but instead it was attraction shining through you. In public, I am this unnoticed cast away, he was so ignorant to my needs and the love I felt for him was weighing me down. I blame myself for the pain I endured and the mistakes I continue to look over but I wanted it to be better. After all I begged for him to fix his ways and I wanted him to need me and as hard as it to say he's back inside my dreams, having sleepless nights, and convincing myself that love is a lie.