Chapter 18

* involves drug abuse and sexual content *

ALICE'S POV

So it was like this. We were out in a cabin miles away from a near by town getting high. Time seemed frozen; we were in a moment of complete utterance of unspoken feelings. Time was still but the vibration of sound waves made the water slowly glide over the wind. I know this doesn't make any sort of sense but I mean we were living in this moment. Only way I could explain it was that our heads were in the clouds.

We were gathered in a circle at the center of the living room. Louis brought a zip lock bag of weed and he seemed pretty satisfied with himself for it. Usually, a group of friends out in a cabin would be drinking hot chocolate by the fire but we weren't. Where is my mind by The Pixies was pounding through the speakers pulsing shocks through our bodies and our breathing was steady... slow.

Watching Louis smoking a joint almost seemed satisfying. Everyone except me was doing it. Multiple times they coughed, and it was those coughs that were rough and deep throated. Anyways, after 2-3 hits the boys got high pretty fast. Niall was strumming his guitar to the song and I couldn't help but lean back and enjoy the feeling of complete bliss. Harry looked over at me, "here, try it."

I was unsure. The joint between his fingertips was penetrating me, a sly grin formed his lips as he forced it beneath my touch. I've never actually smoked a joint before but I knew how it worked. Taking it between my lips, Lou handed me a lighter. I knew not to inhale deeply so I dragged a slow smoke. The fumes were filling my lungs making me cough and I felt lightheaded.

"She's a natural, Harry." Liam laughed tossing Harry another smoke.

After a few more hits it was then that I had been effected by it. We were losing track of time, but we were also not feeling limited by it. It was as if there was no concept of time, and it felt as if we could live in this moment forever. Of course this being the first time i had ever done this, I was finding everything amusingly funny. I had no emotional or psychical control of my body.

"I see why your so whipped on this girl, Harry," Niall said. I began to examine the blonde boy. His eyes were droopy and red, he almost seemed tired and drain. Harry chuckled as he scooted beside me, his slender fingers grazed my arm as he watched me take another hit. His tongue glided over his bottom lip as he took the joint from my lips and set them on his.

I watched him.

He threw his head slightly back, his eyes were screwed shut, his brows were furrowed and he easily inhaled a long drag of smoke.

I knew smoking pot would boost your imagination but I wouldn't have suspected it like this. I didn't know how to describe it but I felt as if I was in a dream, of course it was because I was under the effect of a mind altering drug but it felt great.

Harry leaned against my shoulder as he ruffled his hair. "I got the munchies." Chuckling I handed him the bag of chips. Harry seemed displeased, "I wasn't talking about that kind of munchies, love."

Chewing on my bottom lip I bumped my shoulders with his, turning a crimson red as the the boys heads flickered over towards us. "Aye mate we don't want to hear that." Liam spat in a very disgusted tone.

Harry shrugged his shoulders as he rubbed his eyes, "want to get out of here."

Not even a word in, Harry dragged me out of the living room taking a couple more joints with him as he lead us up to one of the bedrooms upstairs.