Chapter 19

HARRY'S POV

When your lost in the dark and can't seem to find your way out there's always a glint hidden in the shadows. The shadows were my lies and my drunken nights and she was the glint of light. Alice was the bright light, she may say she did not change me but Alice did. I wanted to love her like the ocean loves the moon, her bright light drawled me in and her energy.. oh her energy can destroy thousands of glass.

I wanted to know her. I wanted to know every feature, every motion of her body. Every fact.

I can recognize the crack in her tone when she's upset or the gloss in her eyes when she wants to cry. Her smooth skin so warm and drier against mine, my every consent to keep her there and learn every ligament of her frame.

She makes me unbelievably scared and I don't know why. Perhaps it was the fact that i could some day lose such treasure, such art. Maybe I am afraid that I can not see the future or fathom the fact that I can not predict how things will end for us. Maybe I was scared to face the emotions I have for this masterpiece I shall one day call mine.

That night I asked her, "do you think we can make things work for us?" Which only to her brown stormy eyes to wash over with confusion. Her lips were swollen from the constant chewing she had been doing- her lips pursed before leaning in to press her ear against my chest. Alice's fingertips drew against my tunic, a soft sigh following suit "let's stay on the positive note."

I held her tight. Inhaling her cinnamon scent and I wanted to make this, her- my home.

After years of growing up, I learned that every one fakes it through life just to call themselves a 'person that made it through this thing we call life' and I was one of the many thousands. My way was sipping away on glasses of alcohol thinking I could drink my problems away and somehow it all stopped when she came along. Of course this sounded super cliche but it had been the truth. Maybe she was my fallen angel and heard my weeping cries for help.

I thought the 'life' I live is a passage for wealth but I live a life I feel I should not lead. As Alice said I was a hippie getting stoned out in a cabin living a double life that will not make it to the papers because of my dominant father.

Our love was toxic.

I was made thirty percent of alcohol, forty percent of over complicating things, twenty percent of stress and ten percent being lost. Alice was a flower, swaying in the wind, metaphorically- she was moving with life. Although, I could see right through her. The many masks she wears on her beautiful face, but on silent days her hair is cascading down her face like a duvet and when she's on a cloudy stormy day, it frightens me. There's something in her eyes that I know is hurting her inside and I want her to tell me her wishes so I can make things better.

This was the toxic part.

We were the yin to each other's yang.

In a bittersweet way.

We handled each other because we had learned each other like the back of our hands but our heads bumped and we stumbled a hundred feet starting back from the beginning from where we had left off.

Example.

You see a man, perhaps he looks like a stoner and you see a helpless woman. They are looking at each other with admiration ignoring the reality. You see they are not meant for each other, their lover can not stop each other's bad habits but they continue. Let me ask you a question. Why do they continue?

This is plain and simple. Use logic.

I'll let the question settle in and I'll tell you by the end of my explanations.

See Alice wore a mask and I could see right through her. Many of her smiles are not sincere but when we're together they are. Do you see where I'm getting at?

Perhaps not.

You see. Love is a distinguished relationship of two humans looking through one's features or tragic flaws, you can be on the edge of falling part but somehow your lover can bring you back up. The feeling of being wanted and being in a fantasy world where there is no harm... except in the outer whelm there is tragic, loss, and unpleasant feelings. Do you think the species of humans want to feel a burden of reality? No.

This is why they continue.

To feel some sort of feeling in their aching bones. Here is my answer... they got accustomed to their home. They are each other's home.

Alice was my home.

_________________________

Authors note: hello babes, so this is just a filler and I know this probably sucks but I really wanted to make a chapter explaining the love Harry and Alice have for each other. I made Harry direct to the readers, which is you. So I hope you like that. Sorry that it was v short but I hope you still enjoyed. Kind of taking a hiatus on this story but will see how that turns out. Please vote, comment, and give any suggestions if you'd like! Until then!  Also can we came for 30 votes for the next chapter will not update until that goal.

Much love,
J