Chapter 11

ALICE'S POV

Life is like a labyrinth. It's an intricate structure which I would define the circle of life. We live life with interconnecting passages which is difficult for us to find a way, per say; find ourselves. I'm not a Buddhist but I do believe in life we will realize there is a role for everyone we meet. Some may use you, same may test you, some will love you and some will teach you.

But the ones who are truly important are the ones who bring out the best of us. As the Buddha once said...and I believe Harry was that person.

The rain was slowly dying down but the cool gust of wind fanning our drenched clothes and wet skin made the both of us shiver. "We should get going" Harry offered. Nodding my head we headed back toward his car. We jogged instead, to avoid ourselves from getting even more wet. My wet skin and the hard wind made my cheeks burn like hell but I continued heading to the car.

Taking off the alarm, he opened the passengers door for me. I raised a brow at him, "Are you trying to get in my pants now, styles?"

A smug grin fell on Harry's now, pale lips. "Will you shut up Alice."

Chuckling I shook my head in disbelief as I climbed inside the car. He closed the door shut, before jogging along the trunk of the car to the drivers side. Slipping in he turned on the heater. "oh gosh, thank you," I shivered, rubbing my hands together. The friction gave off some sort of warmth for my numb raisin fingertips.

"Drop you off?"

Nodding my head, he agreed and put the key in the ignition before driving off.

The streets were dark. The lamp posts went out, from what I'm guessing the weather. Luckily Harry had his head lights on and restaurants had their Christmas lights on as well. The rain pattered against the windows and the rain was no longer drops but a midst of sprinkling rain. The heater made the fog vanish from the windows which made Harry sigh in relief.

"How's your dad?" Harry asked. Shrugging my shoulders I turned my attention over at him. One hand was placed on the steering wheel and the other was on the clutch. "mhm great I guess, I know he's trying to impress your dad," I laughed. A smile formed on Harry's lips as he looked over at me, "I don't think you should be telling me, his son, this."

"I probably shouldn't but it's not like your going to tell your dad."

Harry pulled up to a red light. "Probably."

A car soon pulled up next to Harry. "hey man!" The driver shouted. Both Harry and I averted our attention to the lanky blonde haired boy. He signaled Harry with his hand toward the road ahead of us and I knew what he was saying.

Race me.

I had known of this because of my uncle. He use to take me to drag races at the age of thirteen and I remember the guys biding on which car was going to win.

Harry simply shook his head and turned away from the window. The man continued to propel Harry to race and I kept wondering when was the light going to turn green. I watched Harry intensely. His brows were knitted together, his jaw was clenched which made it look sharper than usual, the veins on his forearm formed on his pale wet skin and his grip on the steering wheel tightened with each word the man said.