chapter 21 [mature content]

ALICE'S POV

people are like gardens. you have to give them time to grow, to blossom to something beautiful. without care the flower dies. metaphorically in human form, they die inside. the flowers that once seemed so beautiful are now the things growing inside with thorns.

our feelings for each other are mutual. lately there was a sense of uneasiness from harry. I keep questioning him if anything was wrong or if work was too much for him, but he would shrug me off. the past week we exchanged ten messages and two calls. which was odd because that is unlike him. harry usually called me when he got home from work and we talked until one of us fell asleep on the phone.

I won't lie.

I was frustrated and angry with harry. I  know it was bad of me to assume things but I feel as if he's seeing someone else. perhaps someone older and more experienced. i've been finding myself checking my phone every ten minutes, hoping he sent me a message but I lost hope.

"are you okay?" Spike asked.

startled, I nodded my head and picked at my pretzel. spike was giving me that look. his brows were furrowed, his jaw was tight, and his eyes were squinting at me as if he was looking through me to catch my lie. "bullshit."

the great part was that spike knew when I wasn't myself. his hand settled at the center of our table as if he was trying to reach out for my hand but second guessed it. a slight cough erupted from his throat as he reached out for his drink instead. " what's up?"

simply shrugging my shoulders I examined my nails, suddenly so interested in them when I could care less. " nothing. just been stressed." this was half true, it wasn't like I was lying. I was stressing myself out.

"Well, can you be more specific." he
said in such a rude tone.

" spike your like my best friend, don't think less of me but Harry and I have been having like an on and off fling."

spike blankly stared at me, " and your stressed because? "

he didn't understand.

I mean how can he. I didn't even understand myself.

" it's just we fuck and then it's like we can't have more than a sexual relationship ." spike nodded his head and I knew he was finding this whole conversation uncomfortable but he listened.

" look just get your mind off of him, obviously your just his pleasurable toy. Tonight, you and me. We're clubbing."

-
-

The night came. Rain lightly poured outside and I honestly just wanted to stay in. I dressed myself into some lace shorts, a crop top, and a jacket. I applied a tad bit of a make up to look presentable and heading out the door. Spike waited out, " hey there." We embraced each other with a hug and a peck to each other's cheek.

"Hello." I said, dragging the 'o.'

Spike smiled, examining my feature. "You look beautiful." I couldn't lie, I felt the heat rush my cheeks and I was positive they had turned into a crimson red. "Thank you spike you don't look bad yourself."

Spike ran to his car and opened the passengers seat for me. I said a quiet 'thank you' before slipping in and buckling up. he jogged around the front of the car before jumping into the drivers seat. "Ready?" He put the car in ignition and heading straight down the road