Chapter 16

* involves mature content towards the end *

ALICE'S POV

I've seen what love looks like, and how it doesn't look like. Considering this, love is when someone is comforting you through your roughest times, love is when someone is putting you first than themselves. It's the soft chuckle erupting in the dark as you vow you would no longer drink alcohol. My friends are the ones I loved, my family, not Harry. And it was impossible to get that through my thick skull.

I remembered that night. Feeling him drifting away from my fingertips, the sound of door being slammed shut and the way he cursed my name. Even in a crowded room, I felt lonely. I felt lonely because it felt as if he took half of me with him. As cliche as it sounded it was true. He took the memories, the ones we shared together. The night we danced, the night at the park when the rain was pouring down on us and yet I wanted to stay there with him.

I usually got information about Harry from spike and Sam but it made me feel guilty and creepy.

Spike continues to make me feel bad about not going to his gig tonight but to be truthfully honest, I was looking forward to seeing Harry. I knew there was a chance seeing each other would feel awkward but there was a sense of ease because I also knew talking to each other came naturally.

Coming up to the head quarters of Styles Inc. I was greeted by the woman at the front desk. "Here to see your father, Alice?" She asked. Simply nodding my head she checked me in, walking down the halls of white walls, I finally made it to my fathers office.

"Hey Ali," he pressed a kiss to the top of my forehead.

"Hey dad, where's the papers?"

He snapped his fingers, as in he had forgotten why I came here in the first place. He turned over to his desk, opening the top drawer and a bundle of white sheets were placed in my hands.

"I know it's a lot but Mr. Styles really needs them by tonight."

I cringed as that name left my fathers lips, but it was obvious Harry didn't allow his employees to call him Harry. It disgusted me how one can feel empowered by the name they represented but I couldn't complain because I didn't want to get my father fired.

"Alright so I'll go laminate these, when am I suppose to deliver these to him?" I asked stuffing them into the briefcase.

"Tonight, just meet him at his office and be sure to tell security he sent you."

Giving him the thumbs up, I made my way out his office, beginning to feel nervous for tonight. "Bye Linda, I'll be back soon."

----------

Every passing hour my hands began to sweat. Frequently, I rubbed my palms against the fabric of my jeans to get rid of the moist but that only lead me to get more nervous and stressed. Sam messaged me a couple times asking if I was sure I didn't want her to save me a spot but that only ended to the both of arguing so I gave up on answering her messages.

I had a remaining hour to leave so I chose to shower. The cold droplets running along my bare body soothed me and I had almost forgotten I had to meet up with Harry. Stepping out of the showers, my feet made contact with the cold tiles, making me tip toe out to my bedroom. Simply slipping into undergarments, leggings, my shoes and a mint jumper, I was ready to leave.