Chapter 17

* involves smut toward the end, adding gifs soon*

3 rd POV

It was strange for Harry to think, that he hadn't known Alice for a year. He had seen the moon come and go over and over again, the sunrise and the sunsets setting and rising and he felt that without Alice, things will stop. Time was an illusion, she was a hallucination. It had been the fact that there Alice laid, eyelashes leaving a shadow beneath her eyes, hair cascading down her bare back that things felt real. The silk white duvet nearly exposing her breasts so he decided to pull the sheet up to cover her. It hadn't occurred to Harry, or bothered him that they were both in the nude.

Harry had the chance to touch her, to feel her while she was in a weak state, and as much as Harry knew it would both give them pleasure, he didn't.

He wanted to owe Alice the respect she deserved, and after last night he was sure to keep it that way. She hummed, her eyes slowly fluttering open. "Morning," she hummed.

The sound of her voice seeming so angelic to Harrys ear.

The atmosphere was pleasantly calm, pure, and comforting. Alice felt at ease in Harrys presence, her heart warming by the thought of last night, the wine obviously not affecting the two's memories. "Morning, love." He rasped.

Harry's morning voice sent chills down Alice's spine as she ruffled her hair and rubbed the sleepiness from her eyes. Harry climbed out of bed and slipped on his boxers, "here babe." He handed Alice one of his work shirts and boxers to change in.

"Thanks Hazza."

He slipped into the bathroom giving Alice the privacy she needed and she placed on the attire. Harry soon walked out and they stood looking at the broken mattress. Instantly Alice's cheeks flushed as she looked away. Harry's deep chuckle erupted her ears as he reached out to grab her forearm.

"Baaby it's fine." He dragged the 'a' as he sincerely assured her that the mattress was okay with him. Harry grabbed her hand as they sat on the edge of the mattress.

They sat facing each other, Alice's legs crossed beneath her and Harrys frame facing her tiny one with one leg tucked beneath his bum. Alice was a toothache. Sweet and tasteful. "I should get going," Alice sighed. Of course Harry was use to a hit and run and Alice assumed Harry would appreciate that. What surprised Alice the most was when Harry said, "Stay."

His palm laying ever so gently against her sun kissed cheek, as he stared into her arousing brown eyes. Instantly, blood rushed to her cheeks as she nodded against his touch. "M'kay."

His phone rang, the caller I.D reading "Crystal."

Alice felt betrayed, "I knew it! I knew it!" She yelled as she hopped off the bed.

"Ugh, I can't believe this.. Last night what you said!! That I was more than a friend! I guess you say that to every girl!?" She reached for her leggings. Harry was confused, baffled, he did not understand the things Alice was coming up with.

"Ali, stop let me explain will you," Harry sighed.

Alice was tired of running away from her problems so she listened. "Crystal is no one okay? She was just a f.uck, baby." His mouth was a gun and his lies were bullets, he was leaving a bitter aftertaste and Alice was not liking it. She searched for a hint in his adoring eyes that he was lying to her and he was not. Usually his eyes were dark, mysterious and strained but this time they were soft, warm, and comforting.