Second Shot (GRAY)

Dedicated to: @yoongi-

Gray slumped into the chair next to Jay, and sighed deeply as he fiddled with the soundboard. He didn't feel like coming today, for only one sole reason, you.

Jay had told him you needed to record a sample for one of his new songs, but Gray was not up for it. Not after what had happened between the two of you.

"Yo man, I can't do this" Gray groaned, playing with the string of his hoodie "after that night I just---"

"So what if you told her you liked her? You were drunk, at least you got it out there" Jay shrugged, clearly not seeing how much it was eating Gray up on the inside.

"Its going to be awkward, I basically told her I was in love with her, I sounded so desperate" Gray muttered, pulling his cap over his face.

"You are desperate" Jay teased, as Gray playfully kicked him "sorry, just saying at least she knows the truth, there's nothing you can really do about it now."

Gray exhaled deeply and scooted his chair over to the mix board, involving himself in his work, in order to get you off his mind.

You finally arrived at the studio, smiling instantly as Jay ran over to you and hugged you tightly. "Everything's set up, we'll record in a bit" he grinned and led you over to the desk where Gray worked.

As you approached the desk, a knot began to develop in your stomach as Gray lifted his head and nodded, his eyes locked on yours briefly, but felt like an eternity in the moment.

"Hi" you smiled and sat in the chair opposite him, you could feel the tension in the air, his uncomfortable state was clearly visible to you.

"So how have you been (y/n) ?" Jay asked, pulling his chair closer to you.

"Can't complain" you answered shyly, feeling Gray's eyes on you from time to time. He tried to avoid your gaze every time, his eyes darting between you and Jay briefly and then back to his work station.

You remembered the night Gray confessed to you. It was just a few weeks back, and the two of you were at an after party hosted by your mutual friend Jay Park. Gray and you had always been somewhat close, and most of the night you stuck by him. You felt comfortable around him, it was so unlike the current situation between the two of you.

After a whole lot of drinks that night, Gray admitted that he liked you, well first he used the word like, then it became love. You never forgot the way he stared at you that night, like you were his everything, you had never experienced anything like that before. You wanted to speak to him about it, but you figured that he was not in the right state of mind, and you didn't want to make a mess of your friendship. Leaving the situation unresolved was the worst thing you could of done. Gray distanced himself. He couldn't talk to you, hang around you or look at you without being completely awkward.

You looked up at him once more and bit your lip, you needed to talk to him, it was now or never. You nudged Jay, who took the hint and made his way out of the room, so you and Gray were completely alone.

"Gray...can we talk?" You asked cautiously, as you scooted your chair closer to him. You watched as his hooded eyes drifted to yours.

"Uh yeah sure" he mumbled, and turned to face you, giving you his full attention.

"Look, about that night, things got a little weird" you said, trying to pick your words carefully "I really wanted to do this sooner."

"Its no big deal. I can understand if what I said made you uncomfortable, I guess I just needed to get it off my chest" He shrugged, burying his hands into his hoodie.

"I was more surprised than shocked to be honest" you mumbled under your breath.

"What do you mean?" Gray quizzed, furrowing his eyebrows.

"What I mean is, I.....Like you too, Love you" You chuckled nervously, you tried to keep the corniness to a minimum. "If you hadn't done what you did, who knows if I would of told you."

A familiar smile spread across Gray's face as he took in your words. He bit his lip softly, cocking his head to the side as he stared at you.

"You love me (y/n) ?"

"Probably more than you think so let's drop it okay?" You grinned, feeling your face burn up from embarrassment.

Gray sighed deeply and pulled you closer to him, tucking your hair behind your ear as his fingers traced lightly across your jawline.

"I feel I had an unfair advantage of alcohol to relay my feelings, since I'm sober now......let me show you how much I want you" he said in almost a whisper, pressing his lips against yours.

You parted your lips slightly, allowing Gray to slowly slip his tongue in, exploring every corner and crevice of your mouth. His kiss was filled with passion, his lips moved in perfect synchronization with yours, it was bliss. You leaned in closer, grabbing onto his hoodie as he deepened the kiss, tugging onto your bottom lip with his teeth, smiling to himself.

You pulled away from the kiss slowly, as Gray gave you one last peck on your lips and entwined your hand in his, your heart finally at ease, as the familiar comforting of Gray yours once more.