Fangirl (JAYALLDAY)

Dedicated to ChamChamU 

You scrunched up your nose as you eavesdropped on the conversation in front of you. Two girls, obviously with no prior knowledge of music, were raving about the Cohort. Its not that you disagreed on their music taste, it was the fact that you were a huge fan of their music, not the way "Keith Ape's adam's apple moved sexily when he rapped'. 

You rolled your eyes as the girls continued with their fangirling, and clutched onto your favourite snapback, waiting for it to get signed by your favourite crew of rappers. The fan sign line was long, and filled with alcohol induced people, since it was after The Cohort's end of the tour party. People were screaming, crying, making out, you hated the post atmosphere, but you had to endure it a little longer. 

Finally you could see the stage, and caught a glimpse of Okasian and Reddy. You would be lying if you said you weren't nervous. You have studied these guys for a while now, not only because of their no holds barred music, but because of the way they connected with the crowd when they performed. You were new in the industry and had been turned down by numerous companies due to your style of rap, but your mantra was if The Cohort can do it, so can I.

You stepped onto the stage, greeted by Mr Cohort himself, Keith Ape. 

"Thanks for coming out beautiful" he winked, and signed your cap as you moved onto Reddy and Play$tar. You received the same, "hey beautiful", and the added "thanks for coming out" from both of them, making you a bit annoyed in the vague interaction. 

"Thought you guys had way more personality" you said under your breath, not knowing that you would be heard by any them. 

"Well maybe its because we've only received drunk fans or screaming fangirls, nobody actually wants to speak to us" Okasian joked as he signed your cap. "Clearly you didnt drink enough."

"I didnt drink because I wanted to experience your performance sober for once and see if it had the same effect" you replied, as the rappers finally gave you their full attention.

"Was it?" Jayallday smiled, completely immersed in what you have to say.

The anxiousness revisited you as you made eye contact with one of your favourite rappers, luckily you were good at keeping your emotions suppressed. 

"Oh definitely, like shit I really did feel as if I was drunk, if that makes any sense" you responded, immediately regretting the words that escaped your mouth. 

JayAllDay chuckled and nodded in agreement as the owner of the club approached them to close up the fan signings. You sighed deeply, knowing this was going to be short lived and began to make your way of the stage when you felt a tap on your shoulder. 

"Hey, uh were just going to cool off in the VIP room, do you wanna chill ?" Jay asked, as the rest of the crew made their way out of the room.

"uh, yeah sure" you quickly replied, and followed him upstairs to a restricted area. 

You were expecting some extravagant set up, with a bunch of models like the music videos but it was just a chillout room with a few drinks on the table and music blaring through the speakers. 

"Whats your name?" Jay asked, a smile spreading across his face as you comfortably sat next to him. 

"(y/n)" you smiled, nodding your head to the familiar song on the stereo. 

"you seemed pretty clued up with hip hop, are you in the business?" he asked, pouring the both of you a drink.

You told him your whole story.  The endless auditions, the endless criticism, it even got to the point of you rapping in front of the entire crew of The Cohort, something you could only dream of doing. But you did it, and they actually liked it. 

The night was coming to an end and the rappers all began to leave one by one. You decided it was time to head out too when Jay and Keith caught up with you and walked with you to your car. 

"so (y/n) Jay here has proposed an idea to me" Keith said, pulling out a cigarette and placed it between his lips, "Honestly I just think he's just got a fucking crush on you or something, but would you consider coming for an audition at HiLite ?"

You couldn't believe your ears. This was it. The words you have wanted to hear since the day you found love in the hip hop scene. 

"yes, shit ofcourse, thank you so much" you squealed, not being able to contain your excitement. 

"dont thank me, thank the guy whos in love with you" Keith chuckled, and nudged Jay as he headed back into the building. 

"He's drunk he doesn't know what he is talking about" Jay chuckled lightly  as you got into your car. 

"thanks though, I definitely owe you one" you smiled.

"Yeah you do, after you ace that audition and be the newest member of The Cohort, best believe were gonna be hanging out way more often (y/n), drive safe, see you soon."