Rebound (DON MILLS)

Dedicated to JinSoRa
ANGST

You paced around the dark room of your boyfriend's apartment. You had no idea what was keeping him, or why he was suddenly so secretive around you. You had been dating Min Jwan for about three months now, you called it a rebound, but the whole concept was not how you planned out.

Truth is you had gotten out of a five year relationship with one of Korea's biggest rappers Don Mills, but to you he was Donghyun, and you were simply not over the decision of the split.

You held your head up high everytime he was in the same vicinity as you, making sure he sees that you had moved on without him, made him feel as though he had no impact on your life, but you knew everything you did was a lie to yourself.

You began to hear footsteps approach the door and Min Jwan swung the door open, looking around frantically.

"Uhm you wanna go to a bar or something? " he said, checking his phone repeatedly.

"Is something wrong?" you asked as Min Jwan grabbed his coat and led you out of the apartment.

"No haha nothing at all" he smiled, avoiding eye contact with you.

You shrugged it off and the two of you headed for a small club a few blocks away from his apartment. You tried to ignore the fact that Min Jwan was in complete panic mode, but you couldn't help but be worried.

The two of you finally arrived at the club and Min Jwan escorted you to one of the tables near the back of the club.

"Hey I'll be back soon ok?" he said, placing a quick kiss on your cheek and disappeared into the crowd.

The music became unbearable and Min Jwan was nowhere to be seen. He was always like this. He would tell you he was leaving for five minutes, and those five minutes turns into a few hours. You weren't in the mood to be left stranded yet again.

Slipping the waiter a few dollars for your drink, you began to make your way to the exit, when you felt someone tug on your wrist.

Spinning around, you came face to face with him. The one who you left. The one who did everything and anything to get you back.

"Donghyun" you mouthed, as he led you over to a quieter corridor.

"Why are you here?" he asked sternly, a frown developing on his forehead.

"I came here with my....friend, he'll be back soon enough" you stuttered, as Donghyun let out a deep sigh.

"Friend huh? Well I bumped into your friend earlier on and he seems to be hanging out with a friend who doesn't look like you" he huffed.

"How do you------"

"He's cheating on you (y/n), open your damn eyes, I told you right from the start that he's not good for you"

"And you are?" you retorted, crossing your arms.

"Damn right I am" he hissed, nearing you and placed his hands on the wall behind you.

"I've treated you like a Queen for the past few years, still do, and you leave me for some low life who doesn't even care about you?" Donghyun said, biting his lip as he looked over you.

"You were never around too" you replied, turning your head to escape his gaze, "I saw you twice a week, and then you decided to slow things down."

"Yeah.." Donghyun sighed, "I fucked up, I only realised what a shitty boyfriend I was until you walked out of my apartment. But all that can change, you don't need that asshole around, you need someone who's on the same grind as you, you need someone who's going to beat the shit out of anyone who hurts you."

This is what you've always wanted to hear. His thoughts. What he felt, not what he thought you wanted to hear. Of course you knew he was who you were meant to be with, you knew all along.

You chuckled to yourself as you brushed your hand down his chest. His eyes following your actions as his lips curled into a smirk.

"I'm (y/n), newly single" you smiled.

"I'm Donghyun, and I hear you are looking for a rebound? "