Common Interest (SIK K)

It was one of those days where you just wanted to kickback and let loose. A stressful week at the office, always had you rummaging for music in Hongdae's trendiest vintage record shops.

Today, like every other Friday was filled with music lovers and artists, wasting their time in the streets before the clubs begin to open.

"Hey (y/n), glad to finally see a regular around here" the owner of the record shop gleamed, as you greeted him with a smile.

"Nice to see you too Mr Ahn, I'll be in the back" you grinned, heading over to your favourite section, hip hop and R&B.

Being surrounded by something you loved immediately put you at ease, completely forgetting about your exhausting week. It was amazing that something that people would see as so mediocre, meant the world to you.

"Tribe called quest fan huh?" a voice chuckled behind you.

You turned around and was greeted by a guy not much older than you, but had a somewhat familiar face.

"Is there something wrong with them? I think they're amazing" you mumbled, turning your attention back to the record in your hands.

"Not at all, just...very old school, I'm impressed" he grinned browsing in the row next to you, "I'm more of a NWA fan really."

"I love NWA! Nobody here appreciates their music, Wu tang as well, kinda makes me feel like I'm in the wrong generation" you sighed.

"Are you kidding me? The first album I've ever owned was 36 chambers, but you got to give credit to some of the new guys" he replied, picking up one of Kendrick Lamar's mixtapes.

"Oh of course, Mac Miller, J Cole, Childish Gambino....gotta give credit where credit is due."

He looked at you, a strange smirk playing on his face leaving you puzzled. "I'm Min Sik, and where have you been all my life?" he laughed, holding out his hand.

"I'm (y/n) and why does your name sound so famil---"

"Yo! Sik K! Will you be at DJ Pumpkin party tonight?" a man yelled from the entrance of the store.

"Yeah I'll be on my way soon enough" Min Sik replied, waving the man off.

"Sik K? As in the rapper Sik K? Show me the money Sik K?" you questioned, hating yourself for not recognising him.

"That's the one" he chuckled, "I actually quite liked that you didn't recognise me, it's been a while since I had a normal conversation."

"Well you have impeccable music taste, it was fun talking to someone who gets me" you chuckled shyly, as his eyes burned into yours.

"Come to the party with me" he said, startling you by grabbing your hand.

"Wha--"

"You keep talking about how you don't hear the classics, well tonight DJ Pumpkin is doing a throwback set so you have to go" he demanded, squeezing your hand in his.

"Okay okay I'll go" you chuckled, earning a hug from him as the two of you made your way into the street.

The line for the club was fairly vacant compared to the more popular clubs that played generic music. Nevertheless the two of you entered anyway and to your surprise the club was actually packed to capacity.

"You see" Min Sik shouted over the music, "quite a few people appreciate good music, you just have to go out and find them."

"Well I found you didn't I? Isn't that enough?" you said sarcastically as Min Sik guided you through the crowd and upstairs to the VIP section.

"Yes" he replied, as the two of you leaned over the balcony, waiting for the set to begin. "You're work here is done, don't go out tonight to replace me with another rapper with good taste in music."

You shoved him playfully as a classic finally blared out of the speakers and the crowd, including you and Sik K, shouted ecstatically.

"This is one of the best nights of my life" you yelled, throwing your hands up in the air.

Min Sik wrapped his arms around your waist and tilted your face to meet his. He softly pressed his lips against yours as you responded immediately, getting lost in the kiss.

With your favourite songs playing in the background, and the guy you had just met that shared your number passion giving you butterflies with just one kiss, it was all too good to be true.

Min Sik pulled away, and wrapped his arms around your waist once more, leaning his chin on your shoulder and played a small kiss on your cheek.

"Now it's one of the best nights of my life" he whispered into your ear.