Mood (JOOHEON)

warning: angst

"Hey did you see the schedule ?" Wonho, Jooheons band mate waved a piece of paper in front of his face.

Jooheon blinked and slipped back into his daydream, ignoring his friend's question.

"I know its going to be awkward but you cant show it on stage" another member, Kihyun added as he placed his hand on his youngers friends shoulder.

"20 minutes until rehearsal" the stage manager shouted as a make up artist quickly tried to make Jooheon a little more presentable.

But nothing was going to get him out of this rut. He was going to see you today. After almost a year, he was going to see the person who crushed his heart.

Jooheon pulled out his phone to distract himself. But he could hear his bandmates discussing the entire situation.

' shes performing after almost a year '

'yeah after the two of them broke up she took a hiatus'

'why did they break up in the first place ?'

'I dont think Heonie even knows the reason.'

He didn't. He didn't know why you had ended your almost two year long relationship out of the blue. Did you find someone new ? Was he not good enough for you anymore ?

Jooheon exhaled deeply and made his way to the stage, ready to practice for the show tonight. He was performing his solo song for the first time on broadcast and he wanted it to be perfect. He just wished you were in the crowd, cheering him on like you always did.

"Can we get the stage ready for miss (y/n)" someone shouted and Jooheon felt as though someone had punched him in the chest.

Changkyun immediately ran on stage in order to see his friend was okay. The rest of the boys had already seen you backstage, and things became even more tense when Jooheon spotted your manager.

"Hey man you alright ?" Changkyun threw his arm around Jooheon while they stepped off stage.

"Im good man" Jooheon smiled showing off his dimple in order to ease his friends concern.

"Jooheon.." you waved, and immediately that bright smile disappeared and the suffocating feeling replaced it.

"Oh hi (y/n)" he put on his best fake smile as he walked over to you.

The two of you stood in silence for what seemed like an eternity for Jooheon.

"I love your new album, im really proud of you" you said suddenly.

"Thank you, I really appreciate it" he replied cautiously. He had so much he wanted to say, so much built up confusion and anger but he didnt want to ruin this moment.

You knew that he wanted to know. He wanted to know why you had decided to end your relationship, but why wouldn't he say anything ?

He never asked then, and he wouldnt ask now. Should you bring it up ? Would that make things a little more awkward ?

Maybe he didnt want to know. Maybe he finally moved on and was happy.

"It was nice seeing you again, Jooheon I hope we can meet often" you smiled, and he really hoped you meant that. He hoped he could see you almost everyday again. He wished he could see you smile ever so often.

"I would like that, and I hope we could do more shows in the future together" he replied with a chuckle.

You hoped you would. Seeing him again made you realise how much you wanted see him again. You wanted to cheer him on, and watch him prosper, its what you've always wanted for him.

Jooheon stepped forward and pulled you into a hug. It felt like time stopped around you. You buried your face in the crooked of his neck, inhaling his familiar scent. You didnt want him to let go.

Jooheon felt your arms tighten around his waist. He stroked your head ever so lightly, cherishing this moment that may never happen again. Maybe everything that had happened was for the best and this was a perfect way to finally move on.

Even though he finally came to terms on why you chose to break up with him in order for the two of you to flourish on your own, he did not want to let go. Not now.