Chapter 2

"They're only an hour away, what am I going to do?" Emerald panicked, pacing back and forth.

I only watched her as Samuel slept on the couch, I ran my fingers through his hair so he would remain calm, even if he did wake up with a start. Emerald stood still and sighed, she ran her hand through her hair for the hundredth time before looking at me with panicked eyes.

"Why do you think they want to speak to us all of a sudden?" she asked, frowning.

I shrugged, "The whole kingdom knows of my engagement with Samuel, our wedding is in a month. They most likely heard of it and want to be there. Or...they want to make his life a living hell. If they even try to harm him in any way I will break their necks."

"That makes two of us." she sighed.

My parents heard of what their parents had done to them and already hate them, my mother was fully against abuse. My father was just disgusted with them, ranting about how if he sees them harm any of us then they can join that warrior who tried raping me. Samuel was terrified and I don't blame him, his nightmare was literally going to walk through our front door. My father told me that since they're Royals as well it's a sign of cowardice to not allow them in your castle. While they're here he's going to forbid them to speak or be near Samuel and Emerald unless someone else is with us. I looked down at him, there were circles under his eyes from the nights he barely slept. He would sit out on the balcony, just thinking about all those traumatic events. It would take me an hour to convince him to at least lay in the bed where he would fall asleep only thirty minutes later. However, he would sit on the balcony for four hours straight, just thinking.

I was afraid for him, but I was determined to protect him. It would be great if his parents were coming here to apologize, but I highly doubt that. His mother was insane and his father is pathetic, they're most likely coming here to cause hell. A part of me wants to kill them the second they arrive, but the other part of me has a little more common sense and knows the laws.

The hour went quickly by, passing by us in a blur of panic and fear. Emerald was sitting beside me on the couch in the sitting room, hiding her face in my shoulder. Samuel was starting to wake up, my heart skipped a beat at the thought of him freaking out. Just as his eyes snapped open the doors to the room we were in flew open, revealing a couple.

The woman was about the same height as my mother, she had medium skin, black hair, and amber-brown eyes. The man was a little taller than her, he was tan with brown hair and green eyes. Emerald tensed up beside me and Samuel just watched them with an alarmed look. My parents walked in behind them, both their faces holding blank looks.

The woman looked at Emerald, her eyes brightened up a bit. She then looked at me and confusion swirled in her amber-brown orbs, she then noticed Samuel. He didn't look away, instead he continued staring at her with a deer in the headlights look. She had mixed emotions in her eyes, her jaw was clenched as she scowled at him. She then clasped her hands together and started studying the room. I looked at the man next, narrowing my eyes at him. He looked at Emerald with a blank look, then skipped over me and glared at Samuel. That was when Samuel became tense and looked away. I let out a low warning growl, annoyed with the way he was looking at him. Shock washed over both of their faces as their eyes focused on me.

"Look at him like that again and I'll rip your eyes out, got it?" I snarled.

The man frowned, "Who the hell are you?"

"The future Queen, who the fuck are you?"

My parents, Smauel, and Emerald seemed completely blown away with my language. I wanted to smirk, I was enjoying this too much. His father swallowed and looked away, not even bothering to introduce himself.

I rolled my eyes, "Are you going to answer or act like an idiot?"

The woman bit her lip, "My name is Lucia, I'm the past queen of the-

"The small town just a few miles from here, who's he?" I asked, cutting her off.

"He's my husband, his name is Mark, he's the past king."

I scoffed at them, but looked at Samuel. "Are you hungry? It's lunch time and I'm starved."

He nodded and started to stand up, "Emerald, you coming?" he asked, looking at his sister.

She quickly nodded and stretched, as the three of us walked out I glared at his parents. I allowed them to walk ahead and looked at the two assholes.

"You touch Samuel in a harmful way I'll make sure both of you are in your own damn graves by the end of this week. Don't touch him. Do I make myself clear?" I snarled.

The woman nodded as so did the man, I smiled sweetly before turning on my heel and leaving. I can't even stand the sight of them. I smirked, I'm liking this new "bitch mode" with me. I should stay like this all the time, especially for those guards' attitude adjustment. Oh, I didn't forget about that. They started yesterday and they're already afraid of me. I didn't do anything, all I did was threaten to throw them out the window if they didn't listen. They didn't listen and well, they were thrown out the window. I feel bad for table they landed on, the poor thing didn't make it.