Chapter 49

The next day we spent cleaning up the damage the kingdom had received, helping families find each other, and tending to the wounded. I had to pester Samuel all morning to lay in bed, but all he did was watch me with amusement before continuing on cleaning up. I felt like an idiot when I had finally realized that the wounds on him were now healed, which reminded me of the fact that he was a royal now. I had started to wonder what had happened to Lucia and Mark, we haven't heard any news from Emerald. Samuel assured me that she was fine, his aunt and step-father were gone for now.

I frowned at the sound of this, knowing we have a whole other war coming our way. However, for now, I decided on relaxing and enjoying my time with my family. After another few days the kingdom was back to being functional, everyone was reunited, and the wounded were now healed. While my parents went and spent the day watching movies together I decided on spending time with Samuel.

"Guys!"

We both looked up as Samuel's mother burst into the room, her eyes bright. Vincent was chuckling as he appeared behind her, amusement sparkling in his eyes. Before she could speak I had already guessed the correct thing, she was pregnant.

"Damn, is everyone getting pregnant these days?" Samuel asked.

I gaped at him before playfully slapping him with a pillow. He laughed before gently grabbing my wrists and holding them above my head. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." he whispered.

"I'm so excited though! I was only able to have Samuel and now...I can raise another child with my mate!" Evenlyn gushed, hopping onto the bed.

I grinned, "Samuel finally has another sibling, a full sibling."

"As long as it's not a girl, Emerald was a pain in the ass when she was younger." he teased.

Evelyn rolled her eyes, "Oh, shush you big goof. You and your father are too alike."

"Well, then you better pray it's not a boy or there will be three of us to annoy you." Vincent smirked, kissing her on the cheek.

Evelyn lightly slapped Samuel's shoulder as he pretended to gag, I rolled my eyes at his childish behavior but laughed anyway. We talked for a bit, mostly about my pregnancy. I smiled down at my large stomach, excitement bubbling in my chest at the thought of holding my baby in my arms. Samuel leaned down and kissed it, smiling with bright eyes.

"I can't wait till he's born." he whispered.

I grinned, "I can't either, we need to get a small crib to put in our room. I don't want him sleeping alone for the first month or so."

"We will, how about we buy one today?" Samuel asked, kissing my temple.

"Well, I'm going to go on a walk through town with Vincent. I'll look at some cribs for you two while I'm there." Evelyn smiled.

I looked at her, "Thank you."

"Anything for my daughter-in-law. Oh my goddess, the wedding!"

"It's in two weeks!" I gasped, my eyes widening.

Samuel smirked, "You're lucky I already got everything ready. You just have to go over the final thing and decide on what to change, if you want to change anything."

I sighed in relief, "You are the best."

"I know."

I shook my head, but smiled and kissed him on the cheek. Finally, after weeks of problems, I can start to live my life with my Samuel. I get to finally make him my husband and raise our first child with him. Even though we have his aunt and step-father to deal with sometime in the future, if they ever show up again, I'm focusing on now. And I couldn't be happier.

A/N: This is NOT the end! Two or three more chapters to go :) All we have left is the wedding!