Chapter 8

I sighed, three days have passed since my mother and I ate icing in the kitchen, which means three days have passed since Samuel cried and thanked me. He still wasn't getting any better and I was starting to become worried, he wouldn't even eat either. I laid beside him in the bed as he slept, my mother told me since he was part human, not eating is very dangerous for him. It was starting to show as well, he was becoming thinner, he as white as the sheets, and he became even weaker. I gently ran my fingers through his hair, frowning at him. 

He went on a rant yesterday, for some reason he just snapped and started getting angry about what he was. He burst out yelling that this is why he's weak, this is why he can't protect me like he should be able to. It broke my heart to see him so upset, by the time he was done he was exhausted. I don't understand how he could be so cruel to himself, he's not a horrible person. Sure, he did murder my father which is one of the worst things he could do, but he saved my life now two times. He was so loved, yet he couldn't see it. 

"Arabella?" 

I snapped my head up as Emerald walked into the room, giving her brother a worried glance. I continued stroking his cheek with my thumb as she fully walked in. She closed the door behind her and quietly climbed onto the bed. Samuel stirred, but didn't wake up. 

"Your parents need to speak with you, it's an emergency." she whispered with a frown.

I nodded and slowly climbed out of the bed, the second I was out of the bed was the second Samuel decided to wake up. He sat up and rubbed the sleep from his eyes, Emerald frowned further at the sight of her malnourished brother. 

"Try getting him to eat, if you have to...force him to." I mind-linked her.

I kissed him on the cheek and told him my parents needed me, he nodded and looked at Emerald with frightened eyes. I turned around and left, closing the door behind me. I continued to walk down the halls, my mind going crazy with questions. I walked into the throne room to see them speaking to someone, their eyes mirroring concern. They noticed me and motioned for me to quickly come over, I scurried to their side and looked at the other man.

I was stunned by how much he looked like Samuel, I sniffed him to notice he was human. My father cleared his throat, "Arabella...this is Samuel's father."

The man smiled warmly, "Hello, Princess." 

"Hi." was all I could whisper.

He chuckled, "I'm sorry I probably frightened you, name is Vincent." 

"Oh, hi, Vincent...uh..." I trailed off, what the hell am I supposed to say to my fiance's father?

"We went through the files and found out that Samuel's mother had actually written Vincent's name on Samuel's birth certificate. So, we tracked him down and found out he actually has a werewolf gene in him. It's recessive since both his parents were more human than wolf." my mother explained.

"Which I'm guessing is why I'm more shocked than him?" I asked, smiling a little.

Vincent chuckled, "Yes, I've known about werewolves my whole life. Ended up falling in love with a certain she-wolf, only to find out I was used for revenge." he sighed. 

"Did you...uh...know about Samuel?" I asked.

He nodded, "Yes, a nurse was ordered by his mother to call me. I wanted so badly to come and see him, to take care of him, but I knew his step-father wouldn't allow it. He would most likely kill me since I slept with his wife." 

"We figured maybe...Vincent could talk to Samuel. We know he's in horrible shape right now...maybe seeing that one of his parents do love him...would help him." my father explained.

I smiled at them, "That might actually be really good for him. He's with his...er...adopted sister right now."

"Ah, I know about her, Emerald." Vincent smiled. "Your parents explained the whole situation. I feel guilty for not being there for my only child."

"Only child?" 

He nodded, "I had an accident not too long after meeting his mother, I...uh...you know..."

I chuckled, "I understand, you kind of act like Samuel."

"I'm hoping that's a good thing."

"It is." 

I walked with Vincent towards my room, I told him about when Samuel and I first met. I was expecting Vincent to become angry or upset with the news of what Samuel had done to my father, but he was completely understanding. When we reached the doors I shoved them open, Samuel was currently sitting up in the bed, glaring at a bowl of soup.

"I don't like chicken noodle soup." he pouted.

Emerald rolled her eyes, "It's the only damn soup I could find, I'll force it down your throat. I have permission from your fiance." 

"I-

"Are you two done?" I sighed, smirking.

Both of them looked at me with shock, Emerald's eyes widened when she saw Vincent. She kept looking between Samuel and Vincent, when it finally clicked she gasped. Samuel, on the other hand, was only staring at me with jealousy. I laughed to myself and ushered Vincent into the room, I closed the doors and sighed.

"Uh, Samuel, this man is Vincent." I started, bringing him over to Samuel.

Samuel nodded quietly and watched him, Vincent cleared his throat. "I'm your...uh...I'm..." he sighed.

"I'm your father." 

A/N: Did I introduce Vincent too quickly? If so I can delete this chapter and do something else for it and introduce him two chapters later. I just have to figure out what to do for those chapters.