Chapter 22

After lunch had ended Samuel dragged me to our room to watch a movie. He kept apologizing and I kept reassuring him that I wasn't angry anymore. As we watched the movie my mother mind-linked me, telling me we have an enemy far worse than Lycan. His father, Ryker. I clenched my jaw, I'm not letting Samuel fight this battle. Not when he's sick and having issues with hating himself.
I cuddled closer to him, but he's going to find out about it. Once he does, he'll fight no matter what I say. He may even tell me not to, considering the fact that I'm pregnant. I placed my hand on my abdomen, smiling a little. Samuel's hand slowly moved until it was resting over mine, now both of us resting our hands on my stomach.
He nuzzled his face into my neck and placed gentle kisses, causing me to smile and laugh softly. I wish life could always be like this, just enjoying your lover's affection and not worrying about the negatives. However, life doesn't work like that, sadly. There's always going to be ups and downs, whether it's depression, injuries, or just plain bad luck.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly, gently grabbing my jaw and making me look at him.

I swallowed, "Y-yes."

"Arabella, you're not telling me something. You're still angry at me, aren't you?"

My eyes widened, why would he even still think that? If I was angry at him still then he would have known by now, plus, we would have a broken window. I seriously need mental help with my obsession with windows. Next thing you know it's going to become a fetish and while we're having some romantic fun I'll throw him out the window. Claiming that I love him and that it turns me on. Okay, well, that's more psychotic than anything.

"Uh, honey, I can hear your thoughts."

I paled, "You heard all of that?"

"Yeah, but you're not mad at me?" He questioned.

I shook my head, "No."

"Then what is it?"

I sighed, "Lycan's father is coming to attack us, I guess. My mom was very vague, all she told me was that we have a worse enemy coming after us. And he so happens to be Ryker."

"Well, if he comes anywhere near you I'll kill him." He stated.

"How romantic."

"Hey, you're the one thinking about throwing me out a damn window when you climax or something." He retorted.

I laughed, "Touché!"

He rolled his eyes, "You're so weird."

"That's why I'm your mate." I smirked, kissing him on the cheek.

He grinned, his eyes flashed with love as he kissed me on my lips. It was a gentle kiss, filled with passion and love. When we parted I smiled at him, I rested my head on his chest. We laid there for a few more minutes until my mother called us both down, saying it was urgent.

I internally groaned, but proceeded to leave the room, Samuel right beside me. He possessively wrapped his arm around my waist as we passed a few unmated males. I bit back a growl when a tall brunette walked towards us, a seductive look in her eyes. We stopped as she stopped right in front of us.

"My, what do we have here?" She mused, looking at me.

"A hot king and a sexy queen..."

We both froze, I then smirked and looked at Samuel. "Ha, you're hot but I'm sexy."

The girl laughed, "Name is Isabelle, your mother told me to get you two in case you didn't get the mind link. She said to go to the conference room and not the throne room."

I nodded, "Thank you."

"Oh, and did you two see my mate by any chance? He was going to train, but I have no idea where the training room is." She asked.

I frowned, "No, only a few unmated males. If he is training I would bring someone there with you, there's many...uh...excited warriors there. And I don't see a mark on you."

"True, I'll get my sister to come with me. Thank you."

We continued walking towards the conference room, as we walked passed that dark hall I shivered in disgust. That memory rushed back to my mind, making me sick. Samuel rubbed soothing circles on my back, telling me that it was alright and that it was all over.
I nodded and followed him into the conference room. My parents looked stress as Vincent stared at a map, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration. My mother looked up, she instantly smiled at us.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your relaxation time, but Ryker just sent a threat. He wants revenge for us killing Lycan." She explained.

I frowned, "It's Lycan's own fault that he's dead."

"I know, but Ryker doesn't think that." My father sighed.

Samuel ran his hand through his hair, "Did he say when?"

"No." My father replied with a shake of his head. "Ryker loves the element of surprise, unfortunately. He's frankly good at it too."

"Then I believe or solution is obvious but a hard one." I voiced.

"Like your father's boner." My mother mumbled.

We all stared at her, she looked at us. "What? I didn't say anything."

My father scowled at her, "It's your fault."

I rolled my eyes, "As I was saying..."

"Oh, sorry." My mother whispered.

"We have to beat Ryker at his own game." I stated.

Samuel nodded, "We have to find out where he's staying at. The quicker we find that out, the quicker we can put an end to this disgusting family of his."

Everyone nodded in agreement, this time determination coursed through me. This man will not hurt anyone I love, not like Lycan did. I'll kill him.