Chapter 13

I gaped at him in disbelief, he's actually going to do this? I couldn't believe what I was hearing, there has to be a less painful way. I bit my lip, determination was shining in his eyes and I know how hard it is to get through to him when he's very determined. I shook my head, but this is his choice after all.

"Samuel, you're crazy." I sighed, defeated.

He smirked, "I know."

I chuckled with another shake of my head, we talked to my father for a few more minutes. We agreed to turn him tonight; for a second I was worried that it would make him related to us, but my father told me it wouldn't. Immortal Royals aren't related unless you're from the same bloodline of course. Samuel won't be related to us at all, he'll just be the same species as us or breed or whatever it is. I didn't like what would happen, but I grabbed Samuel's hand and squeezed it. I believed in him, if anyone is strong enough to live through this transformation, he is.

My father nodded, "Then it's decided, tonight at eight we'll start the transformation."

I swallowed, eight o'clock is in two hours, which doesn't give me much time to help him prepare. I could feel his fear and anxiety rolling off of him in waves. I turned towards him and gently cupped his face, his eyes pierced through mine with an intensity that had me smiling. I could see the fear mixed in with the love, my heart swelled. I placed my lips on his and kissed him for a while before parting, we just stared at each other for a bit. Smiles were dancing upon our faces as our love for each other sparkled in our eyes.

"I know you'll make it through this." I whispered, stroking his cheeks with my thumbs.

He smiled sadly, "And if I don't?"

"Then I'm dragging you back from hell and slapping you silly." I stated firmly.

He laughed before immediately frowning, his eyebrows furrowed. "Why does it have to be hell? What makes you think I won't go to wherever the good guys go?" he questioned.

A smirk made itself known, "Sweetheart, why would you go there when you came from hell?"

"Are you calling me evil?"

"I'm not calling you innocent, now am I?" I mused with a raised eyebrow.

He scowled at me, but a smile tugged at his lips. He laughed and kissed me on the forehead, "When they kill my human side...please...don't kill anyone." he murmured.

I rolled my eyes, "I won't..."

"Arabella."

"I promise." I grumbled.

He grinned like a child before wrapping his arms around me, he nuzzled his face into my neck and feathered it with kisses. "I love you, forever and always." he stated.

I hugged him back and kissed his temple, "I love you, forever and always."

.

.

.

.

.

We slowly walked through the forest, following my parents and Vincent. All the warriors followed us, a grim expression on all their faces. I could see the concern for Samuel, their future King. We stopped in a clearing that was bathed in the moon's light, the scene completely breathtaking. Samuel and I stood beside my parents as the warriors formed a large circle around us. Vincent stood off to the side, holding the cup of poison that would mostly kill Samuel's human side off. It'll leave him with enough life in him to drink our blood. My heart was pounding against my chest along with Samuel's, both of us were nervous. We had no idea what would happen, the thought of losing him tonight frightened me, but I had to be strong. I bravely stood beside him, my head held high and a proud look in my eyes.