Chapter 19

"I'm pretty sure I'm the one who should have morning sickness, not you." I sighed as I gently wiped Samuel's mouth.

He collapsed onto the floor, his body pale and hair soaked in sweat. I frowned at him, concerned for his health as he continued to lay there. I got up to get him a blanket and a pillow, neither one of us had the energy to get back over to the bed. Instead of leaving him on the floor, alone, I laid beside him. I wrapped the blanket around the both of us and sighed, looking at his face. I gently ran my thumb along his cheek, grinning when his eyes fluttered open.

"Not feeling good?" I whispered.

He blinked at me, "N-no."

He began to shiver as he scooted away from me, mumbling about not wanting to get me and the baby sick. I sighed, knowing no matter what he would make sure he wasn't super close to me, so I stayed in the same spot. He eventually fell back to sleep, but woke up five minutes later to vomit in the toilet again. Once again I flushed it and wiped his mouth, earning a thank you from him. It continued like this for the rest of the early morning, him getting sick and me taking care of him. I didn't mind though, I loved taking care of him, I just wish he wasn't so sick right now.

Once nine am rolled around I climbed to my feet and brushed my teeth, I threw my knotted hair into a messy bun and started searching for my parents. I found them in the conference room where they were discussing war plans with Vincent, who seemed very focus. When the doors shut behind me they all looked up.

"Arabella, are you okay?" my asked, coming over to my side.

I nodded, "I am, but Samuel has been puking all morning. Can we get sick?"

She nodded, "We're prone to the stomach virus and the flu just like humans. The only supernatural creature that can't get sick are the vampires, since you know, they're dead."

"Did they have their own type of disease that spread just a few years ago?" my father asked, frowning.

My mother shook her head, "Hybrids."

"Ah, I see. Now, is he done puking?" my father spoke.

"I think so, he hadn't puked in two hours." I replied.

"I'll get the doctor to check on him, where is he?" my mother asked as we walked out of the room.

"On the bathroom floor." I whispered.

She raised her eyebrow, but chuckled at my response. When she saw him shivering on the ground, wrapped in blankets, a frown made itself known on her face. She knelt beside him, quickly checking his temperature. She frowned, shaking her head.

"He's burning up, here, help me move him to the bed." she spoke, grabbing him.

Once we had him in the bed my mother grabbed a cloth soaked in cold water and placed it across his forehead. She then grabbed another cold cloth and started to wipe his chest, arms, and face with it. She explained to me that she figured he wouldn't like a cold bath, knowing him, I agreed. I eventually took over and helped cool his body down, earning a sigh of relief from him.

"It's going to take a bit for his fever to break." my mother spoke as she let the doctor in.

The doctor walked over and immediately looked him over, after an hour she nodded. "He has the flu, a bad case of it too. His fever is 103, but when I checked it again it went down to 101. Keep cooling down his body." she explained. "And give him tylenol."

"Will do." 

After my mother and the doctor left I laid beside Samuel, gently wiping his body with the cold cloth. I jumped slightly when he suddenly whimpered, whispering about "don't do it." I frowned, knowing he was having a nightmare again. 

"Do you want to see another memory?" my wolf suddenly asked.

I sighed, "Can't I just go into his nightmare? I don't feel right invading his mind like that." 

"Okay."

I once again followed my wolf's guidance and closed my eyes, when I opened them I was back in the same room as before. I walked over to the lowest door and swung it open, not even hesitating as I stepped into the darkness. It only took a few seconds for the darkness to fade and Samuel's nightmare to appear. I instantly clapped my hand over my mouth, tears pooling in my eyes at the sight.

"Oh my....Samuel, what happened?" I whispered to myself.

A/N: I know short, but it's past 1AM and I'm exhausted lol. I'll update again tomorrow! :)