Chapter 4

He frowned at me, there was concern in eyes before he looked down. His eyes widened with horror as he gently pressed on my chest, I furrowed my eyebrows and looked down. My shirt was soaked in my blood, I sighed and took my shirt off. I grinned when the claw marks were healed, almost.

"How come your's heal but mine don't?" Samuel asked.

I frowned, "I don't know."

We didn't dwell on it for long, Samuel simply shrugged and guided me to the bathroom. He sat me on the sink before searching through the closet for something, he returned a minute later with a first aid kit. He stood before me with a cloth, he dipped it in peroxide and started to lightly wipe my wounds. I smiled softly at him, his eyes were focused on my chest as he carefully maneuvered around my bra. He frowned before stopping, he looked  me in the eyes.

"Uh...the claw marks are slightly under your bra. I could call Emerald in here if-

"Samuel, you've seen me naked before...we had sex." I chuckled as he blushed.

He scratched the back of his neck, "I was just making sure you were comfortable with me doing it."

"I am."

He gently unclasped my bra and put it aside before continuing to clean out the claw marks. Once he was finished he bandaged me up and smiled in triumph. I rolled my eyes at him before grabbing his face and crushing my lips to his. He was stunned at first, but started to respond. We made out until someone started knocking on our door. I sighed in disappointment, earning a chuckle from Samuel. He walked out and opened our door, I relaxed when I heard Emerald's voice.

"Arabella?" she called.

I was about to put my bra on, but remembered I'm bandaged up, she wouldn't be able to see them anyway. I slid off of the counter and strode out to the room, she frowned at my bandages before looking at me.

"Your parents want to see you, it's about...our parents." she explained, her voice becoming a whisper.

I nodded and walked out, Samuel and Emerald quietly trailed behind me. I ran my hand through my hair, my thoughts drifted to figuring out why his parents are actually here. The hatred wasn't hard to see or feel, but them trying to become "friends" or whatever was clearly seen as fake. I walked into the throne room, biting back a growl when I saw their parents. I stopped in front of the thrones, along with Emerald and Samuel.

"Yes?" I asked.

My mother sighed, "King Mark and Queen Lucia has something they want to say to you before they leave."

My eyes widened, "You're leaving already?"

I could see the smirk slide onto Mark's face, "We were only planning on staying a night, we just wanted to make sure you knew everything about your...mate."

Samuel furrowed his eyebrows, "I already told her everything."

"Oh, so now you speak?" Mark spat. "This is a new record for you."

"Explain to them why you're here before I throw you both out of my castle." my father suddenly growled, annoyance written on his face.

Mark rolled his eyes, "Samuel isn't a royal."

Everything was silent for a while before I was able to speak, "He's...then what is he?"

"He's part human part wolf. His mother decided to cheat on me one night to piss me off, she quickly learned her lesson about pissing me off. Hence the reason she's no longer here."

I could feel Samuel tense up beside me, "L-Lucia...isn't my mother?" he whispered.

Mark sighed, "I'll explain the whole story, your mother, the true Queen of my kingdom got into a fight with me. She was my original mate and yes, I loved her and I do regret doing what I did, but the cheating bitch deserved it. We got into an argument about me and Lucia, all Lucia was to me then was a friend. I had no feelings for her, but your mother was stubborn and refused to believe it. She didn't quit on the me cheating on her topic and when I decided to just tell her what she wanted to hear, she left for two days. I could feel her mating with someone else....it hurt. We marked and mated, with protection of course, therefor I could feel it when she had intercourse with another person.

When she returned I confronted her about it, you know what the whore did? She smiled. She fucking smiled at me and told me I deserved it. So, I waited for her to give birth, that was when you were born. I hated you since day 1 and I still can't stand the sight of you...you look so much like her."

I frowned when the sorrow wrapped around Mark's words, and for that one second, his mask broke. Standing before us was a guilty and mourning man, his eyes dull with his pain. He quickly hid his emotions again as he continued.

"I was angry, so angry that all I saw was red and decided to teach her a lesson. I never meant for it to get that far, I...I had no control. I killed her. I killed my mate, the love of my life, because of my jealousy and betrayal. After that I vowed to take care of you, I knew she wouldn't want to see her son as an orphan. It was fine when you were a baby, I actually got over the fact you weren't truly mine. You were my son by heart, not by blood, but that the time I could careless. But...as you grew, you had her features. Especially her eyes...her beautiful amber-brown eyes. I remembered what I had done and hated myself for it, I was filled with rage and took it out on you." he finished.

I slowly looked over at Samuel to see his eyes wide, he had lost all color in his face as he took a step back. My heart broke at the sight of him, he put his head down and nodded.

"Now I know why." he whispered.

Mark frowned, "Why what?"

"Why a cold-hearted man couldn't love his own son, because I was never your son to begin with." Samuel stated, his voice dark.

"Cold-hearted?" Mark whispered.

"Yes! You fucking murdered your own mate and then hated me because of what you did! And here I thought it was because I couldn't be the perfect son! Because I thought I did something wrong when it was your fault all along! My mother would hate you if she was here today!" Samuel suddenly yelled, his eyes now black with anger.

Mark glared at him, "Don't you dare say that about your mother! You didn't even know her!"

"But you did! So, tell me, father, what would she say? Huh?"

Mark didn't say anything, he only hung his head in shame. "She would hate me." he murmured.

"Exactly, but not as much as I hate you. All you did was hurt me! That's all you fucking did, you took it out on me!"

Samuel was now shaking as he glared at Mark, I went to grab his hand but he sternly told me no. I was shocked and looked at Emerald, she just shook her head sadly.

"Then who the hell is she? Your rebound wife?" Samuel spat out.

Lucia looked away, a stray tear falling down her cheek. "I...I'm...your aunt."

Oh for crying out loud, how fucked up can this get?