Chapter 23

I focused on the map, pointing out areas we should check. Ryker wouldn't want to be too far from the kingdom, but he also wouldn't want to be too close. They thought I was crazy for pointing at the Vampire King's kingdom, but after explaining it to them, they agreed. After all, he did bring Payton back so she could kill Samuel, and did send his vampires to help Lycan end the kingdom. We didn't let any vampires return, we would of returned their bodies but they turned to ash. So, we returned the ashes instead.
Samuel tried helping, but from the lack of food and the puking from the other night, he passed out. Vincent was quick to lay him on the couch and call in the doctor. She frowned, but then sighed in relief when his temperature came up normal.

"Just make sure he drinks a lot of water and eats food when he wakes up. But since he just got over the stomach flu give him something light. Like toast or soup." She advised, giving me a warm smile before leaving.

I sat beside Samuel, running my fingers through his hair as my parents and Vincent continued to plan. Two hours passed before Samuel and I were free to leave. By then Samuel had woken up and had soup and some water. He was a little weak walking back to the room, but I helped him the whole way. Once we got near our bed I laid him down and went to start the bath.

"Can I join?" He pleaded.

I chuckled and kissed him on the cheek, "Not this time, you need your rest."

I could tell he wanted to argue, but he nodded in defeat, knowing I was right. I took a quick shower and returned to the bed, cuddling against him.

"Samuel?" I murmured.

"Yeah?" He yawned.

I hesitated for a second, "Why do you hate yourself so much?"

There was a pause before he sighed, "I...I...." He trailed off, obvious frustration on his face.

I smiled softly at him, "When you're ready, you can tell me."

He gave me a thankful smile, kissing me on the lips. "Thank you, I love you, baby girl."

I blushed at his nickname for me and returned the kiss. "And I you, my king."

A/N: Couldn't sleep and had the
need to write another chapter. Decided to make it a cute one :)

When do you think Samuel should tell her the reason he hates himself so much? I was thinking in like two or three chapters.