Chapter 41

Samuel

The first day of Arabella being released from the hospital and I still hadn't seen her. I kept myself away from her, knowing I wouldn't be able to handle the hatred in her eyes. Her parents and my parents tried pushing me to at least see her, but they understood my reasons. It was slowly tearing me apart, we're fully mated and she's pregnant with my baby. My possessiveness and need to protect her were flowing through me. My wolf clawed to be let out, but I couldn't allow him to do what he wanted to do. I would watch from afar, every now and then she'd question someone about me.
All they would say is that we're mates and that I love her more than anything. She would seem confused, but wouldn't say anything else. It wasn't until the doctor told her about me being a human/werewolf hybrid causes my wolf to be difficult to control. She explained the whole process to her, afterwards Arabella asked where I was, but no one told her. I could see the sparks of concern in her eyes, but I was still scared to see her.

She was slightly uncomfortable with the subject about me still. Stating I would have to prove to her that I'm truly sorry and then maybe she'll accept me as her mate. Hearing this had me backing away from the decision to confront her. I'm coward, I've grown to accept that, but what if I cause her to become more traumatized? Three days have passed since she first woke up and hearing all about me and her, I feel like me speaking to her will be too much too soon. Every day I'm struggling with my wolf's influence. The growing desire to just forget it all and turn feral caused me to lock myself in my room for a few hours.

"Samuel, honey, are you okay?" I turned around to see my mother walking towards me.

I sighed, "I'm afraid."

"Of what?"

"Of rejection...of scaring her..."

My mother frowned at me and pulled me into a hug, I was tense at first, but then relaxed. She gently rubbed circles on my back, whispering soothing words to me. At the sound of a small yelp of surprise we looked over. Arabella's eyes were wide with shock and curiosity as she studied me.

She gulped, "S-Samuel...you're in the...castle?"

My heart fell at the hint of fear in her voice. I nodded, "I'm sorry if I scared you, I'll go to my room." I said softly.

"You seem more scared of me than I am of you." She whispered, a small smile on her face.

I swallowed, "I-I..."

She chuckled, "Hearing about us being mates and me...clearly being pregnant with your child I at least want an explanation for why you abused me."

I clenched my jaw, "My wolf..."

"That's not an explanation." She sighed, folding her arms across her chest.

My heart clenched at the slight hardness in her eyes. I nodded, "My wolf was difficult to control, he...he was still attached to Payton. I...I loved you, but he didn't. He didn't want me to accept the rejection of our first mate, so, he would take control. Being partially human it was very difficult for me to control him." I explained.

"So, he was the one who decided on abusing me?" She asked.

I nodded, "He wanted you to hate me."

The suspicion in her eyes had me backing away, "I have to go." I whispered before turning in my heel and walking away.

"He's hurting." She said as I walked up the stairs.

"It's to be expected, he's technically lost his second mate." My mother replied softly.

"Wait...am I his third?"

"No, my dear you're his second but you don't remember your bond. Can't you feel it?"

"No."

My chest tightened at that, I hurried to my room and closed the door.

A/N: Trust me, this isn't going to last super long. Y'all know me and my impatience with my ideas lmao