Chapter 7

I walked aimlessly around the kitchen, trying to decide if I want to raid the fridge or throw a guard out the window. My parents got a new table, so I probably shouldn't throw the guard out that window. I groaned and yanked the fridge door open, I grinned when I found a whole thing of icing. My life is now complete, kind of. I snatched it from the fridge and quickly grabbed a spoon, I moaned when I shoved a spoonful in my mouth.

"Are you eating my icing?"

I spun around to see my mother staring at me with her arms folded across her chest, her foot was tapping against the ground. My eyes were wide, but I slowly took another spoonful out and shoved it in my mouth.

"Maybe." I mumbled.

She raised an eyebrow before chuckling and shaking her head, she grabbed her own spoon and scooped up some icing. We silently ate icing for a while until she cleared her throat and frowned.

"How's Samuel?" she whispered.

I let out a sigh, "He's...really quiet."

"Well, with what Emerald told me, I'm not surprised. The poor guy went through a shitload during his life, just be there for him."

"I am, I told him to promise me he wouldn't do this...but I knew that nothing can really stop it."

My mother shook her head, "Sadly, depression is something that not even supernatural creatures such as ourselves can fight easily. It makes you feel worthless, empty, alone, and so on. I dealt with it when I was a teenager, there's a high possibility it was puberty, but it still sucked. He's a strong man though, he'll get through it. But he needs you to help him."

I smiled, "I know and I'll be there for him every second."

After we finished all the icing I decided to check up on Samuel, a day has passed since Lucia and Mark told him the truth. He has been completely silent and withdrawn, whenever I try to get him to eat he refuses to. Emerald wanted to go and talk to him, but he would just hide his face every time that she did. She understood why and knew he didn't like it when she saw him like this, but she wanted to help him. She told me she tried to take him to a therapist the last time this happened and he freaked out. He locked himself in the bathroom for three days, saying he was terrified.

I have no idea if I tried that if he would do the same thing, but he doesn't need anymore stress. I opened our door to see him sleeping, his soft snores were the only noise in the room. I quietly closed our door before making my way over to the bed. I crawled in and laid beside him, wrapping my arms around him and pulling him close. He turned around in my arms and cuddled against me, hiding his face in my neck.

I smiled and ran my hand through his hair, my heart hurt every time I would hear or see him cry. He would hide himself, but I always managed to pull him into my arms. He would sometimes ask me why I loved him, that how could I love such a worthless mutt like him. When he asked me this I was shocked, how could he even think he was worthless? I hated what depression did to a person, it destroys them slowly. Half of the time, you don't even see it, it turns them into actors. They become so good at hiding their emotions that they'll walk around as if everything is fine and then when you least expect it, they're gone.

I was scared to death that I'm going to lose him, but I'm going to fight for him every single day. I just want him to actually believe me when I tell him that we love him. I talked to the doctor earlier this morning and she told me that he was raised to believe no one loved him. Hearing the truth only told him that he was truly unloved. I couldn't bring myself to understand how someone could do something so cruel to an innocent child.

Samuel wasn't the one who decided to get revenge on Mark, it was his mother. In a way, this is her fault as well. His mother was wrong for what she did, but I'm glad she did. Call me selfish, but if she hadn't done what she did then I wouldn't be holding Samuel right now. If it wasn't for him I would still be living on the farm, working with my adopted father while my parents continue to search for me. I would have been forced to that ball by Lycan, I wouldn't have found love again. And goddess knows where Emerald would have been, maybe Mark would have beaten her. Would we even still have the small kingdom?

I looked at him and sighed, I love him more than anything and I don't want to lose him. I refuse to lose someone as brilliant as Samuel. I know he can be cruel, stubborn, and so on, but if people gave him the chance they'll love him. Most of the girls he was with just liked him for his looks and power, they didn't truly care for him. But he was so desperate for someone to love him that he threw himself at any girl he found attractive. I wonder why he was so attracted to me, I'm not even that pretty. I consider myself an average looking girl.

"You're not an average looking girl to me. You're the most beautiful she-wolf I have ever seen." Samuel suddenly whispered.

I swallowed, "I said that aloud, didn't I?"

He smiled and looked at me, "You did."

I smiled back at him and kissed him, "I like it when you smile and talk."

"I know, I'm sorry I'm being like this....I'm not trying to."

"I know you're not, we'll get through it." I told him, stroking his cheek with my thumb.

"Thank you."

I frowned, "For what?"

"For not leaving me."

A/N: Well, I'm going to bed...I feel sick. >.<

When you're me and you don't drink enough water, your heart...will be an asshole. Palpitations are just so awesome. Not.

Lol and guys if you post a comment saying my book is boring you then don't get your panties in a bunch when I reply back with a bitchy comment. I mean...it's common sense to just stop reading it, but you know...haters gonna hate. (No, comment is not on this book.)

Goodnight!