Chapter 5

Samuel gaped at her, disbelief written all over his face. I swallowed, I silently prayed that she's his aunt as in she's his mother's sister. Lucia had a guilty look in her eyes as she ran her hand through her hair, clearly trying to figure out how to explain all of this.

"Your mother was my older sister." she started, giving Samuel a stern look when he went to speak. "I...I lost my mate a few years before she found Mark. I didn't have any feelings for him, I was so happy that my sister was able to find her mate. When I found out about her cheating, about you being born, and when Mark killed her...I...I had no idea what to do. My father, your grandfather, was thirsty for power so he immediately told Mark he should marry me. I was disgusted by my father, but as I spent time with Mark I started to have feelings for him. Unlike Mark, I wasn't distraught over my mate, he was a terrible man. A pirate. You know, he did all those regular things that pirates did.

Anyway, I married Mark and a few years after ended up becoming pregnant with Emerald. Mark had convinced me to dislike you, but all of that was just my own anger. Anger at my father, anger at Mark for murdering my sister, and anger at myself for falling for him. And Mark knows I will never forgive him for killing my older sister, the only thing connecting me to my mother. She looked and acted so much like her, she took care of me when our father didn't. I...when I saw you...I...something just snapped." she whispered, tears rolling down her cheeks. "I don't know why...it just happened."

"So...Samuel...isn't my actual brother?" Emerald whispered.

Lucia shook her head, "He is your adopted brother, but he's also your cousin."

Emerald frowned as she turned towards Mark, her eyes now black.  "How could you do this? You should have told us when we were younger! But no...you let Samuel, your mate's son, to grow up believing he was always doing something wrong. That he wasn't good enough. You are a pathetic excuse for a king and father, I...I can't believe you. Are you even sure you're my real father? Or is this just another jealousy bullshit thing?" she snarled.

I was stunned, that was a really low blow, but I couldn't help but feel like the bastard deserved it. Samuel was literally raised on a lie, a lie that made him feel worthless all his life. Lucia gasped and stared at Emerald with anger.

"How could you say something like that?" she growled.

Emerald scoffed at her and rolled her eyes, "Because Mark over here has been lying non stop! And now, when Samuel is twenty and I'm eighteen...he tells us. And you...you had no reason to hate Samuel. Neither one of you! Yet, you did, because you're idiots!"

"You are my daughter and I will not have you talking to me like that!" Lucia snapped.

"Like what? Huh? At least I'm fucking talking to you! All you did was ignore me my whole life and Samuel's! Matter of fact, you don't even deserve my respect or Samuel's! Your sister would hate you for the way you treated your nephew! Both of you should have loved him like he was your actual son, no matter what. You don't have to be related by blood just to care and love someone. Even if he's not my brother...I still think of him as one and love him as one. Just...leave. Both of you! And don't fucking return to my kingdom. You don't deserve a luxurious life, you deserve to be living with the rogues!" Emerald snarled, tears rolling down her cheeks now.

Lucia's eyes reflected her pain as she stared at her daughter, who doesn't even want anything to do with her. Mark was extremely quiet as he watched with empty eyes, eyes that were staring straight at Samuel. My father let out a frustrated breath and ran his hand through his hair.

"I think it's best if you two left, for good." he said calmly.

Lucia sadly nodded and gently guided Mark out of the throne room, but before she left she turned towards Samuel.

"Samuel is technically still a Royal, since my sister and I were royals. He's just...part human." she whispered before leaving.

The throne room doors closed with a loud bang, leaving the room quiet. I looked at Samuel, his eyes were clouded over with thought. Emerald also gave her brother a sorrowful and worried look, but when we went to speak to him he looked up. He just stared at us before turning and leaving the room. I wanted to chase after him, but Emerald softly gabbed my wrist and shook her head.

"Give him some space...he just received a lot of...information." she whispered.

I reluctantly nodded and stood there as Samuel slammed the doors closed.

Author's note: I hope I didn't make it too confusing, but just in case...

Emerald:

Parents- Lucia and Mark

Samuel:

Parents- Mark's mate and ??

Lucia:

Samuel's aunt

Mark:

Samuel's.."caretaker"

Mark's mate cheated on him and mated with human where she got pregnant with Samuel. Mark killed her and took care of Samuel. Mark married Lucia and had Emerald with her. Emerald is Samuel's cousin, not sister. Lucia his Samuel's aunt and Mark is just Samuel's legal guardian.